Tempo couleur du jour - thread paused until 01/11/2024 😎

As we’re now in the winter season I hope to post the Tempo colour of the day & tomorrow on this thread as soon as I find it out, which tends to be ahead of the official notifications from EDF.

For the latest graphic go the the end of this thread.

11 Likes

Great idea. With an EV one could make an expensive booboo on a red day.

2 Likes

Or, if your car can feed your home, you’re quids in.

4 Likes

Just had a text from EDF confirming Red day tomorrow.

@Badger - thanks for your very useful post.

One question though: my electricity here in 86 is provided by Soregies. Do you know if they are obliged to follow the EDF Tempo calendar or can they make changes?

Soregies have 28/11 as blanc and 28/11 as rouge, but the fact that two days match does not constitute proof that they will always comply. I have emailed Soregies to ask but on past experience they take about a month to reply.

I can’t say for certain but it would be a bit odd to deviate from the national system, as the high cost days are there for a reason, to discourage use on potentially high demand days.

1 Like

I have been searching fruitlessly for a way to determine which tariff woukd work best for us. Does anyone know of a simulator?

What electrical things do you run, particularly heating? Not sure online but on the phone when you call the tempo line they go over everything and work it out, it was pretty spot on for us.

Couldn’t find a real simulator but here is the number

09 75 18 60 60 :phone: du lundi au vendredi de 8h00 à 21h00 et le samedi de 9h00 à 19h00 (

Even the HC on red days is still less than tariff bleu. Can you manage to cook and heat on red days (HP I think 0600 to 2200)? Put timers on machines ect?

Not sure if this would work to give an actual comparison:

https://www.lesfurets.com/energie/formulaire

1 Like

The problem is that we have a gîte, so can’t tell people not to cook, wash, etc on red days and that the heating will be dropped! And if red days aren’t known in advance we can’t assume no people in gîte on red days. So not a straightforward add up appliances and work out which you can do without on red days,

2 Likes

Indeed, @JaneJones , it’s far from easy to work out. Bear in mind that all red days are between 1st November and 31st March, so if your gîtes are not occupied between those dates then Tempo is likely to save you money.

However, if they are, and the gîtes have electric heating it’s a different story. Red days are likely to coincide with the coldest weather so demand for gîte heading would be at its highest - and as the rate/kwh between 06:00 and 22:00 is about 4 times the standard tariff your guests could track up a substantial bill, especially when you consider that you can have up to 5 red days in a row.

When I changed over to Tempo one of the questions was whether or not I had the possibility of heating without electricity. If the answer was no, I was told that I would not be eligible for Tempo.

2 Likes

My first red day tomorrow! Temps quite mild here. Quite shocked I was even wondering if it would go back to Bleu tomorrow from Blanc so far this week.

So interestingly as Jours Rouges are set nationally, looks like Paris and Brittany side weather is driving it and not us here in the South.

Big panic when I saw the email. Batteries being charged and bread machine now both running. A day earlier should save 2.50-3.00 euros might have cost for those tomorrow.

@letsmile you charged up?

No SMS from EDF. Though signed up for both it and the email. Only the email arrived, so just got off the phone from EDF to chase up the SMS.

The Rouge peak rate has gone up to more like EDIT …4.5x the normal-contract Blue rate / 7.5x the normal Tempo rate, this year.

1 Jour Rouge down 21 to go… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Weird, I had the text this morning, as well as the emails! Maximum 6 here tomorrow so pretty cold!

The gîte is air source heat pump, and our side is wood and oil. I wonder whether that excludes or includes us?

Since we rarely get enough snow now, winter bookings are mainly xmas and February holiday. I will have to look back to see what average days have been, but it is only patchy between November and March.

I wonder if you could separate the 2 buildings? Although that would mean 2 lots of fees. Tricky and think it may not be great for you.

Badger - I think this is a great idea but, as is the way, it’s developing into a q&a thread about Tempo. And I started the trend, so please accept my apologies…

I wonder if you (and @cat ) think it would be worth starting another thread devoted entirely to your Tempo colour information? If it could be restricted so that only you could post that should keep it uncluttered. And if its default order could be most recent post first then that would be perfect :hugs:

1 Like

could change the title every day?

eg “TEMPO : RED Weds 29 November then WHITE Thurs 30 November[following day added when announced]”

overwritten following day

“TEMPO : WHITE Thurs 30 November then [when announced] RED Fri 31 November”

??

2 Likes

Maybe we should just have a red, white or blue banner that only @Badger can access. BTW, I get email notifications of white and red days at about 11 am. Don’t need an SMS too.

1 Like

Soregies send mine and they never arrive before 18:00 :slightly_frowning_face: