Temporary Social Security number or the real thing?

Yes, and that was piggybacking her on my S1 which they had already processed.

Extending the scope of the thread, does anyone know if my wife, who’s “rattaché” on my Ameli account, can have her own account to log into? Or do we have to do everything through my account?

I think that she will have her own number - in fact I’m pretty sure she will, because of my partner’s interview at CPAM last week. He had had a worker’s S1, then changed regime to whatever URSSAF were affiliated to by virtue of being an auto-entrepreneur, and has now changed to piggy-backing onto my S1. What he was told was that it was very simple because he already had an account so they didn’t have to set one up, which they usually did for an S1.

If her number is different from yours, then she can start an ameli account!

When she tries to set it up it she get’s errors. In my account I can print off her Attestation de droits and it’s telling me she hasn’t a médecin traitant. Which she has but that’s not the issue, the issue is that I’m getting messages about her status on my account. It not a problem if we share the account but we wondered if she could/should create her own one.

I should have mentioned that before phoning Ameli I tried sending them an email and got a response that for privacy reason they wouldn’t respond to it, I needed to call them so they could verify who I was. I would have thought sending the email to them from my Ameli account would have proved that but what the heck. All’s well that ends well.

My goodness that sounds confusing John :confounded:

That might have been when she was piggybacking your account John. If she now has her own account, is it not the case that she should now arrange for the MT to take her on board officially?
I can’t remember now what we did in that respect when I was piggybacking OHs account and then got my own.
Either way, a discussion with your (her) MT first might clarify matters.

1 Like

Thanks John… will “watch this space” …

It depends what her status is. If she is a beneficiary of your S1 then she will have her own number but not a separate account on Ameli. And everything will be done with your number. You will be able to select which person’s details yiu want to look at but within same account.

However she has to fill in the form to declare her MT, and this is shown separately. And she will go slightly crazy as everything will be addressed to you…

1 Like

That’s where we are Jane. Thank you for explaining it. Yes, she was a bit surprised her CV arrived addressed to me.

We have filled in the MT info (or maybe it was her MT) and submitted it with all our other bumpf, but we’ll just do it again :slightly_smiling_face:

My OH even got the invitation for my mammogram!

Did he take the appointment? :joy:

1 Like

Me too and another even more impractical check-up :thinking:

1 Like

That’s very interesting! I wonder how this is going to work with my partner since he has his own Ameli account and has had for some time. Now, however, he’s a dependent on my S1 - I wonder how that is going to work out…

From my experience Angela they’ll be calling you in to have your prostate checked :joy:

1 Like

That will be fun, John :rofl:

1 Like

I can promise you it’s not Angela :joy:

I’ll take your word for it, John!

Man flu! No different from a smear test…

Can I ask in relation to the subject of temp carte vitale number - we applied to CPAM for ours, we are also early retirees so no S1 just a refusal letter from UK. Could not believe the amount of documentation they require covering last 12 months.
But anyway my question is: can we complete the online residency application for British Nationals with a temp social security attestation number which we have not yet received? All answers welcome.