TEMU online

Hi,has anybody bought anything from this website?It is one of the many ads that pop up on this site,i had a look and there were a few interesting things on there,i since had a quick look on Google and think the company might be American which has put me off buying,anyone else bought anything,thanks.

I’m pretty sure it’s Chinese, a bit like Ali Express, though no personal experience.

1 Like

There was an interesting show on M6 (I think) recently about this company… Think it was Capital or Zone Interdite.

I wasn’t planning on buying stuff from there beforehand but watching the show made me even more sure to steer clear of it.

I’ll try to dig out the details.

Edit: it was indeed Capital. The episode is called Made in France Vs Made in China but isn’t available to watch for free online just yet…

It’s fine …it’s pretty much the same disorganised mess as Wish.

Its cheap Chinese tat - Ali Express is more organised and has more choice. But it’s not a con … But assume you get what you pay for and it’s fine.

Its registered in the US but owned by the Chinese from memory.

1 Like

This Wired article covers much of what was reported in Capital.

They’re making huge losses per order, in the region of $30 per order, to try and gain market share quickly. As a result, the products are knock-offs with no quality control in place.

Capital showed how some electronics products weren’t legal… But tbh you have the same issue with cheap tatt on Amazon. Oh and they also had an infosec company who had reverse engineered the app and found it spies on users’ phones (unsurprisingly).

I bought a 125mm cordless circular saw that is compatible with Makita 18v batteries for 50 euros.

The saw arrived before the scheduled delivery date.
Was well packaged and looks sturdy.
I haven’t tried it yet though.

Like any other sales platform, there’s some junk and some good stuff.

Thanks for replies,just one question;i take it your delivery cost was ok,none of this import tax nonsense when the delivery person arrives.

bought replacement canopy for pergola. no hidden costs/import duty. arrived on the dot as advised.
chinese company, I am using the website, special offers on the app - not putting any shopping sites/ credit card info on my phone.

Delivery was free and no import taxes.

Have had some surprisingly good stuff but too much tat so I 've decided to give them a miss for a while.

It has a huge advertising presence on Candy Crush.
For the life of me I cannot understand why China is still being treated as an emerging economy for advantageous postal rates.
All this fuelling of buying cheaply on line and then returning items is so bad for climate change.