Terrible way to start the week

Morning All

Sorry, but have some sad news.

Tess, our 15 year old Lab, woke us up this morning at 5.00 making some strange noises. When we went downstairs, she was unable to stand, her back legs kept giving way.

We thought she had had a stroke and took her to the vets this morning, where they confirms she had had a neurological problem.

Sadly we had to make the decision to have her put to sleep. The vets were fantastic and made the process as stress free as possible.

Will miss her , and Tara, our other lab who died last summer, like crazy.

Bye girls

20 Likes

Good grief… this is just so sad… glad the vets were helpful… (“liking” your post means I can feel your pain somewhat… been in a similar position over the years…)

2 Likes

That is horrendous, remember the good times you had with her.

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. I feel with you - sudddenly loosing a companion of years is terrible.

1 Like

Thanks Stella, sometimes you do need something other than LIKE :heart:

2 Likes

Oh Andy, so sorry to hear this. So tough after 15 years. And to lose two close together. I hope that means though that she didn’t suffer long - not a bad way to go.

1 Like

Awful! So sorry for you. It’s the day we all dread. And what a shock.

Courage…

2 Likes

How incredibly sad and I can well understand your loss A very tough decision to make but it was the best one I’m sure. Remember all the pleasure they both gave you😊

1 Like

Oh no. Poor her and you. So sad but at least you have a good vet and were able to do the kindest thing. It’ll be a consolation later. :bouquet:

2 Likes

VERY sad to hear this, @andyw - she was lovely and such a dear companion for you. You’ll obviously miss her terribly… :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

So sorry to hear that @andyw . I think you miss pets more than family

1 Like

Oh! I am so sorry for your loss @andyw

1 Like

Saddened to read of your loss, we can all empathise with your situation, I hope that as time passes, you’ll recall many more good memories that will outweigh the sadness of the present moment.

1 Like

So sorry to hear about your loss, it never gets any easier, but at least she didn’t suffer, you always miss them terribly when they go :cry:

1 Like

My deepest condolences. I lost my gorgeous shiba inu nearly two years ago to much the same symptoms and when blood was taken, it was almost black so that meant a liver failure. I couldn’t let him go on so made the decision there an then but after 13.5years of him since he was 8 weeks old, it was like having your child die and I still cry now as I miss him so much. My thoughts are with you.

1 Like

Our pets look to us for food, love and kindness and in return are faithful companions that never question your movements as they probably know them better than us. When you are told that a human family member is terminal and no way back it is a waiting game, sometimes for months and more, creating wide spread suffering for them and us.
To be in control to make the final act of kindness to a loved family pet is terribly hard but at least their suffering is no more.
My sincere condolences, been there many times and its never easy.

1 Like

How lucky she is to have been a dog, and to have had you as her companion, I know exactly how you feel and sympathise of course, but I hope that, like me, you have pictures and/or videos for you to relive all the good times past.

Only yesterday I happened quite by chance, while looking for something quite different, on a short video of my dear Tosca, the only dog brave enough to follow me into the sea. She was soaked and bedraggled but it gave me several moments of really happy feelings, with none of the sense of loss that were my earlier thoughts

Bon courage, and I can only wish for you the same. :smiley:

1 Like

My condolences for your loss of a loved companion, i am sorry for pressing the like button, but I pressed it in respect to your feelings as there is no other choice. :bouquet:

1 Like

bon courage Andy :hugs: :cry:

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. I know how much this hurts.
Izzy x

1 Like