Test Match

Fascinating Tet Match, England India, best of Cricket!

Yes, exciting cricket Bill. England might need a few more runs in the morning though. A draw seems likely, but it could go either way.

1 Like

Be good to hear how it goes, on BBC R4, no telly :slightly_smiling_face: but oddly (perhaps for some), I enjoy it more on the radio, the ‘banter’ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have been watching it via espn crcinfo India and VPN which suggests I am in Chennai apparently - whilst laying on a sunbed in the Gironde.

ESPN Link

It is a very balanced test match and the result will depend on how well Curran and the tail bat. Time for a shake up with the rest (drop Cook, Jennings & Broad as no longer making an impact - even Root is in doubt).

R4 or text on BBC for me. Wish it was on TV…Sue would not agree though.

At least we get the Shipping Forecast Chris :grin: Babeth would not be amused either, if, we had a telly :wink:

A few hours ago it looked like an India win but England have had a let off.

1 Like

Moeen Ali, Brilliant!!!
But an exciting Test, all credit to the Indian Team too :+1:

Need to do something about the opening batsmen though. Is Cook past his best? What a find though in Curran-a great hope for the future.

1 Like

Yes I think Cook has had his time, even Broad’s time is limited. Curran and Buttler have been superb for the series - they are the future.

Time to try the best openers from the County scene and pick based on form.

1 Like

They’ve won the series so why not try some new openers for the last test.

2 Likes

Great opportunity to do just that Chris :+1:

See Cooke has announced he’s retiring from Test cricket after the last England/India test.