Tests needed for return to England

@Mat_Davies …pleased for you …some friends of ours had PCR on Monday at 08.00…and had not got results back by end of play Tuesday so missed Wednesday early ferry from Roscoff, results arrived noon wed’ so they had to drive 350km to Caen to get 23.00 sailing,
So good news that anti gen is acceptable, but .Gov.uk stipulates minimum quality standard for that type…do all AG test meet this, or is there a risk oficialdom will refuse boarding or landing?

Not tracked as such, but they know who you are using your telephone number (every nulber has to be identified within a month of the line being opened otherwise it’s cut :wink: ) and I don’t see the need of an app that’s on all the time when I can just keep the attestation/certificat on my phone for when it’s needed :wink:

1 Like

@billybutcher …do they all meet an international standard or is there a risk of a LFT not being accepted which is why many people have PCR?

I know what you mean. TousAntiCovid started life as an app to detect contact with a covid-infected person, so the app needs to be on all the time that potential contact might take place. But of course it has morphed since then to also present the pass sanitaire. I do turn it off when at home.

1 Like

All? not a clue mate. I did ask for mine and the reply was “it meets the normes”.

However if they give you a nice printed certificate and it’s accepted at the port does it matter, in practice?

My understanding is that, if it’s done at a pharmacie and you get proper results, it’s fine. The ones that are not accepted are the lateral flow tests you do at home - very popular in the UK but much less so here. I have a friend who came over from the UK recently and got a LFT done at a pharmacy in the UK then one in a pharmacy here for going back. Instant results (here at least) and accepted in both directions.

1 Like

Harumph! Synlab at Figeac insisted on charging me 62 euros for PCR early in March.

As long as its accepted I wouldn’t be concerned…

@AngelaR …good comment, I think its a good idea to get LFT done professionally, either at Pharmacy or local nurse who does occasional blood tests for us.

Is the test from the UK still required, Angela? I know the UK requires them but I thought that proof of being vaccinated was enough to enter France from the UK these days.

Getting confused regarding LFT, according to friend who went to UK it is impossible to get through to 119 tel number from outside UK to tell of and register a negative result which is required to board a ferry or plane.
LFT result can easily be reported wrongly as there is no laboratory output form. So can somebody explain how a LFT can be legit for crisscross border travel?
Our friends were turned away until they produced a written result not just their home test, and as they could get through to 119 (why would they need to?) they had to wait until the lab sent test results.
How does the LFT one work for entry to uk.

The LFTs sold in pharmacies here in France should come with a verbal warning from the pharmacy that they are unsuitable for demonstrating an ability to travel. We bought some recently, at a somewhat elevated price compared to say, Germany, and were told in no uncertain terms that they couldn’t be used for travel purposes or pretty much anything else.

You don’t have to register the test, LFT or PCR. You complete the passenger locater form online within 48 hours of travel and present your certificate to the transport provider at check in and (if requested) at border control in the UK.

The one that I got was perfectly fine for travel.

The antigen tests that the pharmacies do, and provide the results for by email, are considered valid for travel, but we were told by the pharmacist that the self-use immunochromatography OTC ones sold in packs of 5 or 10, are not.

Yes, that’s correct - you need a pharmacy administered test.

1 Like

…don’t you have to register a LFT with 119…whoever they are? How do you get a certificate for a LFT, or is that why a pharmacy one is needed because they give you one.?

Just a thought… why not go into your local Pharmacy and discuss with the person in charge…

what is 119?

isn’t that the number for reporting child abuse in France :thinking:
emergecy numbers in France

119 is who you can phone if the Day 2 / 8 test the UK govt forced you to pay an exorbitant price to their cronies for, before crossing immigration in the UK (you put your order ref. no. on your PLF) has not been delivered to you. The NHS will send you a PCR test in this situation.