The Benefits of Vaccination (with thread drift...)

Yes and I think Stella for the elderly and more vulnerable amongst us there is a case to be made and I am not for one moment trying to dissuade anyone from taking a vaccine (my mum has received 2 shots of Oxford AstraZeneca (what happened after is a long story and I am grateful to Paul who is no longer here for supporting me through some very dark days and helping me make sense of that period) but for children and youth the case is less clear cut and indeed risks are accumulating that appear to outweigh the benefitsā€¦

As I have saidā€¦ if one (of any age) survives the vaccine they have the chance of a longer life than if they (anyone) had not had the vaccine.

That is surely the Benefit.

We donā€™t need to agree or disagree on whether it is a cult, we just need to see what experts in the field say, what they feel using their skills and experience. People like Dr Janja Lalich, Steven Hassan, Dr Alex Stein, people who have spent their entire careers in the area of what is a cult and what isnā€™t and have led and defined the whole area. No one in a cult thinks theyā€™re in a cult, thatā€™s kind of how they work, itā€™s only when theyā€™re out that it dawns on them that they were part of a controlling damaging ideology. But this is very off topic, although so are 90% of the posts as I keep saying :joy:

That was Teddy Kennedy wasnā€™t it?

In an ideal world you would think soā€¦

And for more elderly populations (not suggesting you are elderlyā€¦!) including my mum and my aunties and uncles it makes senseā€¦

It appears to be and always has been more deadly to the older cohort with 1 or more co morbiditiesā€¦

It has never been a threat to childrenā€¦and a study of 10 million Chinese showed there was no asymptomatic spreadā€¦

it remains under Emergency use authorisation only and therefore cannot be mandatedā€¦maybe this will changeā€¦until it does it cannot be made mandatoryā€¦

Yes. And some people are more inclined to believe in crystals and superstition and general woo stuff rather than science.
I think people who wish to be vaccinated should be, people who donā€™t shouldnā€™t, and then everyone should be exposed to covid and left to get on with it at home. We are all going to die anyway at some stage so what does it matter.

1 Like

It is not only the elderly or infirm are the only ones at risk.

46 years oldā€¦ is not elderlyā€¦ and the lady was not infirm, she was in good health and working.

Sadly, got infected by a plonker who went to a ā€œfriendly gatheringā€ despite ā€œfeeling under the weatherā€ā€¦

This happened in my commune earlier this year. Her family are still in shock.

1 Like

Stella my heart goes out to every one affected vaccinated or not vaccinatedā€¦vaccinated and infected or not vaccinated and naturally immuneā€¦and a whole host of variables including those suffering life changing severe side effects who werenā€™t given informed consentā€¦

We are all working through a tragedy not of our making and I feel we should all maintain love and compassion foremost in our heartsā€¦

Yes no mandatory vaccines and everyone given the rights to informed consentā€¦the Nuremberg code and Helsinki accords guarantee those rightsā€¦

Yes agreed weā€™re all going to dieā€¦Iā€™m going to die with my boots on knowing that whilst I was here I did everything I could to protect my own kids and grandkids and future generations of all the worlds children

I hope for your sake you are right, the longer this goes on the more mutations take place and threaten the vaccinated to.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen any scientific papers or peer reviewed reports that suggest the naturally immune unvaccinated are driving the immune escape variantsā€¦Iā€™ve only seen reports that show the unvaccinated naturally immune are most protected by virtue of having been exposed to the whole virus and not just bits of itā€¦

Do you have any literature to the contraryā€¦???

It is widely accepted that all viruses mutate, the longer they are around the greater the chance of a mutation. Yes those with the natural immunity will live it out just as the odd person survived ebola, the rest died.

For sure the scientific world are learning a heck of a lot about viruses they didnt know before.

1 Like

Ahem yes, @vero ! Thank you for the correction.

1 Like

To return to the original title of the thread, I am happy to say myself, my wife and my daughter are reaping ā€œThe Benefits of Vaccinationā€. We are all two doses of Pfizer in and very happy to be able to travel freely, eat out, carry on with extracurricular activities, etc. Most importantly though, Iā€™m happy weā€™re not part of the noisy minority breeding the next generation of variants. Not for nothing did Castex note that only 4% of the rapidly accelerating French 4th wave victims are vaccinated.

Big hug to those who canā€™t be vaccinated for medical reasons. That must be tough!

Big ā€œget in the seaā€ to the idiots who still think they should have the ā€œlibertyā€ to mess things up for the rest of society.

My freedom to swing my arm ends where the other fellowā€™s nose begins.
Arthur Garfield Hays, 1939 (and others earlier)

Anti-vaxxers, my nose is on the end of your swing for ā€œlibertyā€.

9 Likes

They were not untested, why do you think the EU took such a long time before making the decision?
Testing took time and was carried out around the world.

@Corona
Hi John,
I think you misunderstood my post.

I was responding to Helenā€™s post about the 1976 US swine flu vaccine debacle. During that vaccine rollout, the CDC switched out the trail vaccine for an untested one to give to the public. Nothing to do with Europe.

You seem to have ignored reading my post in full, as I then compare the 1976 event to Covid-19 where I state ā€œthis time all the vaccine makers have published their trialsā€.

1 Like

Ah apologies :blush:

1 Like

The YouTubers who blew the whistle on an anti-vax plot

3 Likes

I heard the programme on the World Service and am very glad that you have highlighted this.
No one appears to know who is behind this disinformation, but well done to the young people who brought it to light.

People are entitled to their views but when a prominent anti-vaxer in London calls for the names of doctors and nurses having just spoken of the medics tried at Nurenberg and ultimately hanged their hate-fueled rhetoric has gone too far.

To be an anti-vaxxer is to sympathise with those who advocate killing healthcare staff for doing their jobs.

Is that what you want?

Really?

2 Likes