The Best of France: A Two Week Itinerary

Blimey, I would be Utterly Knackered, glad to get 'ome :thinking:

1 Like

Agree Bill, also one of the problems with attempting to see so many places in a short time is that your head is so ā€˜stuffedā€™ you forget what you saw where!
We all know that there are some beautiful places in France and itā€™s just not possible to see them all in a short time. Lots of my favourites are missing but then I am not a tourist so have had more time to explore, thankfully ! :blush:

1 Like

Ah, but then you could say that you had ā€œdoneā€ France!

3 Likes

A maxim of mine when travelling/holidaying is, donā€™t try to do too much, or you finish up doing, seeing nuttinā€™:roll_eyes:

Over the years Iā€™ve met several Americans who do this sort of thing. It seems to be more of an attempt to complete a tick list than to enjoy France.
The article itself is just a bit predictable. It could have been written by someone who had never visited the country but knew of the top tourist sites. Thatā€™s not the France that I love to explore. Earlier in the week I met a North American who has brought his motorcycle over to France to explore the country. He will see so much more of the country than anyone who follows a list of well known sights.

2 Likes

Overheard recently, tourists descending from a coach,
ā€œWell Honey, whereā€™s this?ā€
"Thursday, Um, must be France I guess :thinking:

One of my dreams David is to have a camping car with all the extras, awnings etc; ( with cycles/moped attached ) and go touring France (out of season) and stopping off where and when I want. Lots of places still to see and others to revisit. Then touring other parts of Europeā€¦as I donā€™t do the lottery I suppose this will have to stay a dream :thinking:

1 Like