The big "push"/"Plan Blanc" Dec '21 - Don't Panic

Pharmacies being allowed to open on Sundays… and “re-arrangement” in the hospitals… away from planned operations etc, thus freeing staff to be redirected to Intensive Care etc…

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/virus/coronavirus/direct-covid-19-le-plan-blanc-sans-doute-national-dans-quelques-jours-selon-olivier-veran-38c22654-58c6-11ec-adfc-3597a34faeca

https://www.sudouest.fr/sante/coronavirus/vaccin/covid-19-les-pharmaciens-autorises-a-ouvrir-le-dimanche-pour-vacciner-annonce-olivier-veran-7284159.php

Won’t this just put more pressure on the small pharmacies with one pharmacist who are working flat out 6 days a week as it is though.

Not at all…

It clearly says… “for those who able and who wish”…

By Law the pharmacies stay shut on Sundays except for … La Pharmacie de Garde… for emergencies. You will surely be aware of the rota which ensures the strain is shared.

With this new Law… a pharmacien is allowed (if he’/she chooses) to vaccinate on Sundays… as and when… for the next few of months…

I meant they might feel pressured to do so, not they have to.

Frankly… the 3 pharmacies in our nearest town are staffed by responsible people.
and I know the “bosses” very well and would never question their integrity.
Thus I feel confident that there will be no “pressure” from them on their staff.

If Sunday jabbing is reckoned to be advantageous in our area, I suspect it will be organized between the 3 parmacies… much like the P de Garde rota.

Our two local towns only have the one pharmacy and pharmacist, they are queuing for him opening up in the morning, after lunch and some nights he does not get closed until 8pm when he is meant to close at 7pm, the pressure on him at the moment must be huge, you cannot get a booster from him until Feb now.
I really feel sorry for him just now, he always looks that drawn and tired as he is so diligent and committed to the town’s.

4 Likes

It’s the same all over, where manpower is limited… long hours and lots of stress.

This is one reason why this new temporary “law/rule” is carefully worded to only allow those “who can and who wish to…”

As an aside :relaxed: I went down to Calais a couple of weeks back, there was a problem with the vaccination certificate I got in June (something to do with the details did not match up as he had entered them on the system wrong) I got turned away from Calais because of the jobs worth that was on duty even though her colleague thought I should go through.
I had to cancel the ferry and travel the 300 miles back down to Le Mans.
Went in at 9am and he was mortified at what had happened, changed the details, 3 times as the system wasn’t playing ball and wanted to pay my fuel and ferry, I told him not to be silly as mistakes happen and he is under so much strain just now.
Rebooked the ferry and me and the dog set off again and this time did not have any problems and got an apology from Calais as it turns out I should have went through.
I was a day late but it didn’t cause any problems, wh cares.
The look of horror on his face when he realised his mistake was priceless, he laughs about it now but he really was mortified :laughing:

Our pharmacie is very good, but as they don’t open on Saturdays, I think Sundays will be even more of a non-starter.

Our baker works 6 days a week without complaint.

Good for him :sunglasses:, but you can’t really compare a baker and a pharmacist jobs just now though can you.

We have just lost one of our 2 pharmacies and one of our 2 bakers. Both to retirement.

I must confess to misreading this thread’s title and was starting to panic that only white bread was to be available in future.

2 Likes

Some health figures are up and some are down… worth taking a look at the complete picture…

Boosters seem to be doing well… but just like a school report… there’s room for improvement…

“Côté vaccination, 52 289 589 personnes ont reçu au moins une injection (soit 77,6 % de la population totale) et 51 216 188 personnes sont entièrement vaccinées (76 % de la population totale). Depuis le début de la campagne de rappel en septembre, 14 496 659 personnes ont reçu une dose de rappel.”