The British Miracle Meat

Has anyone watched it?

Any comments?

It sounds fascinating… and bit scary.

1 Like

You do know it was a ‘spoof’ tv prog.

1 Like

Yes - but I didn’t want to give the game away!

I still believe in spaghetti trees… :rofl: :rofl: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

I haven’t laughed so much in years. “Toddler tartare” :rofl:

Very Sweeney Todd :scream:

This may interest some and is not a spoof

1 Like

British humour and love of satire, as mentioned in the Guardian article

TV satire has its value – but it can serve more as a cathartic release for viewers and listeners who feel powerless to change the status quo. The target is often vague, the response a collective “what can you do?” shrug. Rather than being a solution, in other words, it is part of the problem.

Makes me wonder a little if this ironic sense of humour is a principal difference the British have from the French. Rather than shrug and joke about an injustice, the French (justly in my view) reach for their gilet jaune and placard.

Keeping calm, carrying on and cartooning may be self defeating.

1 Like

It may also enable a people to keep going against apparently un-beatable odds, rather than just giving in to the inevitable.

one can do all of the above… but still strive for improvement/change :+1:
(my sense of humour has kept me sane through some very, very difficult times)

1 Like

I can’t bring myself to watch it…

1 Like

My wife and I cannot abide that man. For us he spoils Masterchef and we turn over if he is on it. I really do not understand what he brings to the programme. Very much a Marmite character.

1 Like

Apart from a few serious digs at the UK Gov about Brexit and the cost of living,does anyone know what the point of the programme was?

Presumably just to be A Modest Proposal for the visual age?
I imagine the number of people reading Swift is vanishingly small and very circumscribed.

Sounds like Gregg watched “Delicatessen” once too often, or Soylent Green (or both).

1 Like