The Daily Mail is not happy. Will we be made more welcome?

1. I do think all those who voted leave thought the EU immigrants would be out of the country by Friday afternoon. How much money that could have been spent on the NHS has been spent on negotiations?
  2. A serious question has any one seen a similar headline in a French newspaper about British immigrants?
1 Like

I’ve often thought the Daily Mail has a rather fusty smell to it, a bit like stale digestive biscuit, or perhaps like wee-impregnated tweed skirt or tartan slippers, Jane.

Like hound raised for the hunt, some of us can follow a scent on these threads, our noses are finely tuned, so that to the non-initiates, we appear to have lost the quarry or left the thread, we are still very much on target… :fox_face::fox_face::fox_face:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Peter :+1:

Forgetting the Daily Mail for a moment, the question was “will we be made more welcome?” The point is that the UK has now offered a welcome to 3.8 million EU citizens. Theresa May proposed recognising each others’ citizens rights to live in the UK and the EU shortly after the Brexit vote, but that was turned down by the EU. The UK has now made a generous gesture which gives comfort to 3.8 million (to take the Mail’s estimate) It is the EU that needs to reciptrocate, and make us welcome, whatever that rag of a “paper” says. I’m surprised that more are not worried about the EU’s stance to us than the Mail’s stance to people in the same boat as us who have now been given a lifeline.

Didn’t you read this? It’s from the British Embassy in Paris. It would appear that France as a country will welcome us, it’s the press and the Daily Mail reader equivalents I worry about.

I wouldn’t trust anything the present government says.

Could we have a full name and a photograph, please? Thank you! :smiley:

Teresa Mary May (but there again, she may not…)

Britains-Prime-Minister-Theresa-May-giv

Hello Martin and welcome to the Forum.

Please will you update your Registration to show your Full Name as per our T&C’s.

If you are unsure how to do this, simply put your full name on this thread and I will amend it for you…

cheers :relaxed:

Hurhurhur