The first exclusive extract from Sam Brick's new book - only on SFN!

Thank you Carol - glad it was not just me being over sensitive on Sam's behalf.

I was (initially) unwilling to jump in as she is a good friend so thank you for confirming what I felt.

Well.....just stumbled across this....and I am really shocked....at the unpleasant comments and outright rudeness. Not unusual on many internet sites....but havent seen it displayed quite so emphatically on SFN before. I have been reading comments on the writing group, and bits and pieces people have written, will be amazed if anyone is willing to post anything after the unpleasant comments here...nice to see so much support in the SFN group......not!

@ Maria - will try to remember to pop a bottle of scuff-cote (the one with the spongy top) in the post to you with the water bottles :)

@ Cate - absolutely agree with you ( as I invariably do) with the caveat that if you write your memoirs, I demand to serialise them on here. I was just trying to ensure that this thread stays on the level re personal v. literary criticism.

Anyway I'm going to go and unload my ten kilos of fish and have a glass of wine.

xx

And ps. I didn't think anyone was being derisive towards Suz - they wouldn't dare - she is in charge of Secret Santa.....and is a mum of three girls. Mess with her at yer peril......

Unfortunately not. The other 282 views on this post who haven't commented may well not be in agreement. However they are now unlikely to emerge from the woodwork and say so for fear of being derided.

And can I also please just remind everyone, that however much you may dislike the style / content etc. etc, Sam is also a member of this site and we don't normally behave quite so critically towards fellow members.

Thanks Cate - peace isn't something I have much of with 3 little ones but I do like distraction, nothing heavy going and something I can dip in/out of with ease.

I know it's not to everyone's taste but it does make me laugh and I need a good laugh right now.

Well I enjoyed reading this...after the last 24 hours I have had - this was easy reading and funny. Roll on the next installment. I might even buy the book!

Happy to be of assistance .....

That sounds like it should be the finale to the 12 Days of Christmas expat style.

I feel a creative moment coming on.....

Alexander - I am gutted for you and don't know how you have coped thus far. Would you like me to post you a couple of llamas to make you feel better?