The football today - SPOILER ALERT

A good win and badly needed points for the hammers. Got to wait til Monday before the mighty Eagles play

1 Like

José will soon be gone so I suppose ZZ will come in ?

That’s bad news for the rest of us as Man U have a great squad and will win things with a decent manager IMO.

1 Like

Occasionally went to Palace games with some friends. Last one was an FA cup match against Spurs in the early 70s. Palace won but the Spurs fans decided it would be great fun to smash our train to pieces at East Norwood Station? No idea how we got home after that. Hooliganism was on a whole different level then.

2 Likes

Used to dread the games against Milwall in the 60, 70’s , it always kicked off. We always travelled in the other direction, so if you got away from the ground, could avoid most of the aggro.

1 Like

I worked with a Millwall supporter for a couple of years in the 70s. The football was a sideshow for him really as the only thing that interested him was having a real good fight. He was 6ft of pure violence but had a lisp which I happily took the pi$$ out of. Don’t know how I got away with it but we were quite good friends for a while.

1 Like