The goings-on in Washington

The newspaper moved the original, but I posted the new link at no. 18 above and again below:-

good photo essay at:-

And lastly, an Informative deconstruction of the rioters’ costumes at:

2 Likes

I think The NY Times article missed the main point of wearing costumes for committing mayhem, which is that unless you can be identified on CCTV using biometrics, the costume and face paint will totally absorb people’s attention and likely prevent them recalling anything about your appearance.

Sadly I fear neither the 25th Amendment nor the impeachment processes will not happen before 20th January, and what we have to look forward to next is the enormous crime and scandal that will be Trump’s pardon list, probably released on the 19th. It should be a gob-smacker.

Yes, but only up to a point, because if you study the pictures, a lot of the protestors in costumes aren’t masked and are easily identifiable. One might even attribute some of this to most of them refusing to wear protective masks. Also there was extensive selfie taking.

1 Like

The footage of the police officer being pursued up the staircase was particularly chilling. It was a relief to see reinforcements at the end of his ascent.

It will be interesting to see what charges/ punishments are handed out to the mob members.

Hang 'em high Clint style image

1 Like

I see that Trumps followers are not liking his new found criticism of their behaviour. Jilted lovers comes to mind.

Trump put himself first. Do what we say or you go.

Seems he’s not going to attend Biden’s inauguration… he wasn’t fucking invited anyway! :roll_eyes:

Was there a risk? Its unclear how 4 died, were the police a bit trigger happy. Other than leaving a mess they didn’t seem to cause any damage, no looting or fires were set,

Raccoon man has gained some notoriety.

It doesn’t appear that he was harmed.

but there were a number of pipe bombs found which the FBI rendered safe…

Minimum rate in UK is 12.07% just on holiday let alone those off sick right now (possibly another 10%).

Hmmm, FBI, dodgy lot that…

Reassuring to read that they’re going after them

2h ago18:56

Rioter from viral photo in Pelosi’s office arrested - report

The rioter who was photographed sitting in the office of House speaker Nancy Pelosi amid the violent siege of the Capitol has been arrested, according to multiple reports.

A Trump supporter sits in Nancy Pelosi’s office amid the violent siege of the Capitol.

A Trump supporter sits in Nancy Pelosi’s office amid the violent siege of the Capitol. Photograph: Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images

NBC News reports:

Richard Barnett , 60, of Gravette, Arkansas, was taken into custody in his home state on charges of entering and remaining on restricted grounds, violent entry and theft of public property. Further details were not immediately available.

Barnett spoke to a New York Times reporter shortly after storming the Capitol, and he recounted stealing an envelope from the Democratic speaker’s desk.

“I didn’t steal it,” Barnett told the reporter. “I put a quarter on her desk, even though she ain’t fucking worth it, and I left her a note on her desk that says, ‘Nancy, Bigo was here, you bitch.’”

6 Likes

The situation continues…

there be consequences for his bent lawyers too

Impeachment is a waste of time and money, Biden and the Democrats should concentrate on the future rather than focus on Trump who will become an ex-Pres in just a few days, let the criminal justice system deal with him.

Maybe. But it also makes a statement about him and his legacy. The law probably will take years to catch up with him as he twists and turns and wriggles his way out. He will continue to be very dangerous even when he is out of power and will keep the country deeply divided.

2 Likes

And there’s still a lot of damage he can do in those short few days…

1 Like

It would stop him trying to stand again in 2024.

6 Likes