The Last Hurrah?

Madness, but I do think it’s very pretty :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think the straight waistline would benefit from a slight dip (but that would make it less Teutonic, more sexy Italian) also think the interior is way too busy.

I like to see that “power bulge” in the arch above the rear wheels , something that american muscle cars have in abundance
images

Edit - Im not a massive fan of american cars, but I wouldn’t mind a spin in a Hellcat​:sunglasses::sunglasses:

Which is what will happen the moment you apply power on a damp road.

Think of a heavier 3 litre Capri on bald cross-ply tyres.

Traction control, stability control, fly by wire, collision avoidance…, I’m not sure anything the “driver” actually does makes much difference to the comportment of the car :roll_eyes:

Your description made me think hard and fairly unsuccessfully about a German car that I’d describe as ‘pretty’.

The nearest ones to pretty in my lexicon would probably be ‘elegant’ - Pagoda roof Merc SL
and possibly the original BM series 3 - particularly the very simple 1.6 without spoiler or any other gubbins to detract from its appearance. I think that in visual, rather than mechanical terms both sit very lightly on the road, as below:-

I’m biased because I own two, but I prefer the E23 or E24 to the E21.

Lovely cars and lucky you, but for me too big to be ‘pretty’, I’ll accept pretty elegant though. The CSI below was always my favourite for looks

People might enjoy this article from yesterday’s New Yorker mag. I think it’s both well-wrritten and very informative. Particularly liked the bit about how unexpectedly quiet it was inside the cabin of a speeding Bugatti Veron.

Here’s an interesting complement to the above:-

I saw one in Ralph Lauren’s car collection in Paris in 2016. Most of the cars in the collection aren’t just examples of that marque, they also have prestigious racing history.

The merc looks elegant indeed - I looked it up, it’s not cheap! I saw £100K - 250K. The Beemer came in less, 12 - 30 odd K.