The Life of Pi by Yann Martel - has anybody read this, what did you think?

It was the featured book on Radio 4’s Bookclub today, it sounds fascinating; Here’s a link if anyone would like to listen to it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tkpff/Bookclub_Yann_Martel/

Unfortunately I don’t have the copy any more. If I get one come in my book swap that I organise for medcines sans frontieres I will give you a ping to see if you still want it.
I haven’t read the book chain thread but will get around to it. I’m dipping in and out here at the moment as really I’m supposed to be working; several dresses and jackets waiting for me to make not to mention the new hat design I want to try!!! Better not think about the statues my husband needs either.so I dip in and out by way of a quick break.

I honestly don’t know Claire. I suppose you could contact the publisher. Who would you like to have read it? When I’m reading something I have a voice in my head (“Nurse!”, I hear you cry…) particularly when the dialogue, or if it’s written in the first person, would be read with an accent eg I’ve just read The Lonely Londoners by Samuel Selvon and my voice was Patrick from Eastenders, Rudolph Walker, I think he’s called.

I don’t know if you read the thread about the book chain/swap thing we’re going to start but if you can bear to part with your copy, I’ll be first in the queue to read it. Anyway, there’ll be more about that idea anon.

Read this on holiday in feb. Enjoyed it very much. Fascinating couldn’t make up my mind if it might just have been true!!. Would love to hear it read will it be pod cast do you think?