The resurgence of EDF's Tempo tarif

They always do that. It is so you can’t eg have absolutely everything blazing away on a red day and then cry or attempt to lawyer up if you get a bill the size of the UK’s GDP.

1 Like

My EDF Tempo experience was exactly the same as Sue’s, though the call possibly lasted as long as 3 whole minutes! I was only asked 1 question - namely did I have any questions. I said no, and that was that.

I think I did hear him say at the outset that he was just checking my online ‘profile’ of electrical appliances etc in our house, that I’d completed previously in the Espace Particulier. I wonder if that made things go more quickly? No attempt at the standard patter that others seem to have suffered, mercifully.

I’d done that too. Didn’t stop the inquisition!

Oh no they don’t. :grin:

this reminds me of a Pantomime… :rofl: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sometimes it takes 30 seconds, they might just say what do you use for cooking, but they do usually ask. It isn’t invariably what you would call grilling though.

Grilling? Or baking in the oven? :grin:

1 Like

I called last night to switch to Tempo. Turns out because we had gone to Mint and then back we have to wait 12 months!!! In that time we have changed from HC/HP to bleu but must be a tempo small print. No issue as on 10/12 so she said to do request on my client page or call. Just a heads up for anyone like me, I seen to remember there were a few of us that swapped around.

I confess that I have not been following French electricity prices of late. I am on a 3 year contract with Engie and not sure if this binding or not. Either way it is coming to an end so I should look around.

Tempo indeed looks attractive - particularly if one is thorough by using HC as much as possible and conciously switch of during Red days. But even if one HAD to use say, exactly 1kWh HP each and every day (eg a fridge) - have I done my maths correctly here - it averages out at only 15.71c per day? This is pretty cheap, yes?

Adam

Morning All

Tomorrow is our first RED day since we signed up for Tempo

For us

No laundry
No water heater, as it lasts us for 3 days
Turned down our electric rads a touch, rely on the woodburners
Cook using woodburner and air fryer.

What do you do to cut down your usage on a red day

‘What do you do to cut down your usage on a red day’

I am not yet using Tempo, but looking at it very seriously. Already planned for red days - spend them at my girl-friend’s house… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Not a tempo user but you could always go for a mooch round the shopping malls and big supermarkets because yesterday it was lovely and warm in there and I thought to myself, people will be coming in here for the day and sitting out on the benches in front of the gallery of shops if their bills get too high!

Tempo tarif… Red tomorrow 8th Dec.

Excellent, I can’t sign up until the 10th :rofl: I’ll perhaps have to get you to update me as if there is a run I can sign up a few days later :rofl:

I’ll keep an eye on it ! It’s possible it will be red for a few days this week.

Don’t think the OH would let me get away with that !!

Before people get too obsessed with the arrival of red Tempo days it’s worth remembering that the only really punitive pricing is 06.00-22.00 i.e. 16 hours.

Even on a red day Tempo HC is still cheaper than base tarif or normal HC.

It’s worth shifting dish washers, washing machines etc. to use the HC period if you usually use them during the HP times. You could even do some late evening baking or overnight slow cooking…

I’ve got a spreadsheet about the price differences, & this extract might help.

3 Likes

To me, the table shows that for those 16 hours a KWh will cost 54.9 cents as opposed to 18.4 cents for HC/HP ? Or around 3 times more.

Yes but I think what he is saying is that only on the red day HP is it more. The red day HC is still less than even the normal HC/HP tarrif, by 2c.

1 Like

@Fleur you need to read my post more carefully.

I said Tempo HC is cheaper than standard HC.

1 Like