The week in Tory Land

I totally agree it is good to have some balance on the forum.

Liz Truss has just become prime minister though, so there is bound to be a flurry of political commentary (even more than usual) this week.

Politically the UK has been massively divided and destabilised.since the Brexit vote. Unfortunately it is the gift that keeps on giving and there is no chance of it not being discussed.

As noted by others you can start your own threads and I find that people are pretty nice and decent and if someone was to be out of line, you can mute them or report the comment.

4 Likes

Decent and nice? Not at all, which is why someone had to intervene here. Balance is good but leaning one way or another is not> “Gift that keeps on giving”. Well yes but it doesn’t have to be discussed any more as it was down to a people’s vote and they decided. You did you bother to reply except to push forward your own left remoaner agenda?

My question still stands - what is so good about France then? And what are they doing differently which will make things better?

Is noticing there is a new PM remoaner propaganda? :laughing:

I don’t normally reply to trolls but you will have to do better than that. I can see why you are concerned about posting if all it involves is randomly insulting people.

Two words “greater competence”

1 Like

I didn’t think I was insulting anybody? But my question is still there

in what way?

@anon27944729 my question still stands too

Please remember lively debate is welcome, ad hominem attacks are not.

Notice words have been deleted
definitely a left wing agenda here

I don’t get into political discussions if I can help it because it brings out the worst in people regardless of who they support or where they live. I did not even know Johnson had resigned because I have no UK TV or radio and did not have internet at that time and now this new PM, I have no idea who she is so think best not to comment as time will tell. Lets face it, those in power will never please everyone all the time and we are ALL facing a much bigger threat to mankind than ever before with what is going on to the east of Europe along with the NK despot. I look out for myself and my family, no one else will and thank god every day I have food and a roof over my head and am in good health. As for France, well at least we can show our support or non-support on the streets and it usually gets taken notice of.

1 Like

WTF?

No “agenda”, merely identifying your personal comment regarding @almondbiscuit without repeating it.

Everything still functions, yes there are problems like in every other country but in the UK profiteering is off the charts.

What are your thoughts on energy price rises in the UK vis-à-vis the rest of the world? Or pumping raw sewage into rivers and the sea?

So as much as I may have misgivings about Macron, he is still a much safer pair of hands than Liz Truss.

9 Likes

Not sure profiteering is off the charts.
The wholesale price of energy is where it is going for profit
Mind you with NordStream being closed this is where it is going to get worse. Mostly for Germany and France as they take most of the gas from there to make electricity
Raw sewage into the sea… they have all being doing it
Macron, well he just got in because there was nobody there
Depends upon you definition of safe hands
I wouldn’t trust any of them be they left or right

What criteria are you using?

This article by Fintan O’Toole, a regular Guardian contributor, hope that doesn’t disqualify him :wink: may be of interest to you. His sort of tongue in cheek point is even the “paddies” are outperforming “Global” Britain. In fact everywhere is outperforming “Global” Britain :thinking:

2 Likes

oh please!

Pardon :joy:

I think you ought to stop now please

you are becoming a person who is not a good patron

One topic on slow mode is enough for now, thanks.

3 Likes

that is horrible, I am not a troll, just want decent discussion… Why are you doing this?