The week in Tory Land

I’d laugh, but it’s all true.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

We have 3 empty flats at school and our first Ukrainian family is arriving on Monday, 2 more following shortly.

7 Likes

I particularly liked ‘Trundling horcrux Priti Patel’.

1 Like
2 Likes

I see Sunak has got himself in a bit of bother over his wife’s ‘non-dom’ status when the situation actually gave him the opportunity to address an absurdity that dates back to Pitt the Younger.

And… when is a loan not a loan? when it’s a discount which you are under no obligation to pay back (as its taken back as a levy) :roll_eyes:
What are these idiots on (apart from lines of cocaine)

The eyes, arghhhhh!

2 Likes
2 Likes

It certainly is a must read.

1 Like
2 Likes

brilliant anal ysis

The fact that (not so) Cleverly is my constituency MP (who, incidentally I have never voted for despite being a past Vice Chairman of that local Constituency Party) speaks volumes :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s all happening

1 Like

Continuing my occasional re-posting of the week in Tory Land - because it’s bloody good.

3 Likes

Russ Jones analyses the new cabinet

Is this the Guardian reporting? Where is anyone sensibly analysing all of this? Or even putting forward positive suggestions! Please stop picking nits over the UK when I suspect most of you are over here! France is no better, unless you can say otherwise. Sick of the negativity on this place!

It is possible to mute the political threads. That’s what I do - it’s good for sanity. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fine, block the relevant threads. Start your own topics. But if you are on SF you probably need to accept that UK politics is discussed more often than French politics (I, for one, would be more than happy with more discussion of French politics and issues).

I agree Bill butcher but there are so many threads on here with negativity it is hard. Not just politics but also about french life and I don’t post much but a finding this a venting place for negativity regarding UK politics.

Why is there so little on french politics given that so many members live in France ?Surely we living here should be more interested in the government we are living under?
Actually on some other threads regarding the ‘i know best’ attitude of expats. I came here for information which could have been helpful to others but am reluctant to post as I don’t want to get sniped at. I like a challenge and anyone saying what they would like to me but this place is becoming political and to my mind it’s not what it is for???!!!

1 Like