Theresa May Looks To Be Facing a Leadership Challenge

With shades of the coup that brought down Margaret Thatcher, Brexiteer rebels are reported to have placed the necessary 48 letters with the Chairman of the 1922 Committee whilst she was out of the country .
Apparently he has asked to see her after Prime Minister’s Questions today.
They want Brexit on WTO terms.
Now we can see why Jeremy Corbyn didn’t want to force a Vote of Confidence. He had his ear to the ground and knew the Brexiteers would do the dirty work for him.
The BBC early news this morning is saying that the two Brexiteers candidates could be BoJo and Sanjid Jhavid.
Dominic Raab was also mentioned.
Dominic Grieve has said that he would leave the Tories if BoJo becomes leader. Hopefully, he will stand if there is a leadership contest.
Curioser and Curiouser.
The Tory Party is more concerned with their own worries than the good of tge country.
Totally disgraceful.

3 Likes

Looks like Graham Brady has the 48 letters

I’m tempted to ask why it’s taken this long

Because a) it has taken this long for Graham Brady to receive the 48 letters and that is at least in part because b) if there is a content and she wins another confidence motion is blocked for 12 months.

Hopefully she will win and knowing she has a year in the job will have the courage to revoke article 50. Doubt both though.

I can see her narrowly winning a confidence vote - not so much that the party has confidence in her but the likelihood is a general election if they chuck her out (which the Tories fear most).

She won’t revoke A50 unless forced though.

1 Like

BBC reporting that 158 MPs have publically voiced support for the PM - not that that means much as it is a secret ballot. What might matter is if it is close, although Graham Brady does not have to and probably won’t release the actual number.

PMQs quite brutal today. Corbyn looked like he might explode…May seemed to be thoroughly enjoying herself.
She could scrape through tonight…

May has the party’s confidence 200 to 117
One in the eye for the eye for that ghastly bunch of howling shits who have been stabbing away all this time.

1 Like

117 votes against might well make life difficult for her.

Yes, they are going to be exceedingly troublesome. But it is still nice to see the likes of Rees-Mogg thwarted. They are nasty bits of work.

4 Likes

More a case of the spineless B,stards not wanting to take up the poison chalice. Cowards!

One in the eye​:point_right: :eye::person_fencing::sneezing_face:
Ghastly bunch :tophat::+1::heart::grinning:
Howling shits​:poop: :hugs::clap::smiley:

That too, god they are loathers the lot of them.

1 Like

Jacob Rees Sproggs and his cronies are still baying for blood.

And ironically JRM quoting that as they achieved a 40% vote they should be allowed a say.
Yes well I would like a say with my 49% remain vote.

2 Likes

Yes that Is the absolute end, he is a massive hypocrite, as well as a tune- changing coat-turning backstabber in it only for himself.

2 Likes

We have the News from the West and the constituents in Rees Mogg’s North East Somerset constituency are furious with him.

Looks like he may not be the only one losing a job.

1 Like

Stroud our constituency voted Remain, so I feel exactly the same.

I was asked in the supermarket today if I was English and I said no, I am a Europeenne Britannique

2 Likes