They don't like it up 'em

”cometh the hour, cometh the man” Go for it George :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wow, a tour de force indeed, quite apart from the ludicrousness of the House of Lords in the first place, to pile insult onto insult by bringing such a loser into that position simply because there is absolutely no-one amongst 600 odd elected men and women able to do the job, is beyond the Pale.

Almost makes you wish you lived in Rochdale, if only to make sure such an orator remains in place after the election. :joy:

Shame so many missed it though. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Much as it pains me to acknowledge it, the rabble-rousing grifter has a point and it’s a disgrace that Cameron can’t be held to account in the Commons.

He’s already demonstrated his commitment to Rochdale. George Galloway is considering standing against Andy Burnham to be Greater Manchester mayor - Manchester Evening News

2 Likes

I am happy to admit it too - he, and others before him, have a good and valid point.

1 Like

I posted in the other (wrong!) thread

1 Like

He’s put in a couple of great speeches in the commons already. They must be terrified.

On a side note, I’m reading Politics on the Edge by Rory Stewart at the moment. An excellent account of how broken UK politics really is.

Maybe I’ll come and live in France. Seems like a safe distance.

Not sure our French friends would agree with you. Conversations these days with them are along the lines of “ours is worse than yours”.

The grass is always greener! Mind you, I tried to book a routine doctor’s appointment the other day in the UK. Six slots available in the next 16 weeks and no ‘urgent’ appointments for 12 days. If France can improve on that, I’m in.

1 Like

Yes I agree his comments about Cameron are valid but his ridiculous statement re. Macron shows a lack of understanding of what Macron actually said.

Must admit I winced at that one, a cheap crack and uneccessary.