Things never uttered in a French admin department

I’ll start. ‘To save paper…’

7 Likes

Sorry, we’ve made a mistake.

11 Likes

No, that’s OK we have all the info we need…

9 Likes

Yes Sir, we will issue a refund toute de suite…

9 Likes

Certainly Monsieur, I will do it at lunch time

10 Likes

I’ll take responsibility for this, no need to ask my chef.

9 Likes

I am ringing you back, as I promised this morning.

10 Likes

The fax number is available 24/7 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

“Further to your email of this morning…”

10 Likes

Ahhhhhh…Yes.

1 Like

Yes it’s complete bolox the opening hours that we post on the internet…even though we keep telling you to look there as it’s always up to date. And no, that’s not just since Covid.(certain government public offices)

2 Likes

In this case the procedure dispenses with interim acknowledgements, provisional certificates, attestations of your application and all other temporary paperwork.

As soon as we check your submission and documention is complete, at the RV, you will be issued with the … immediately.

1 Like

It was my fault

3 Likes

We’ll be quick, it is almost lunchtime.

4 Likes

Mmm, interesting that one. We were in the prefecture 3 years ago. Machine refusing to read OH’s finger prints - tried several times, creeping ever closer to 12 noon. In the end, something said along the lines of “Oh for heavens sake, just take your new carte de sejour!”. We were out by bang on 12. :grin:

2 Likes

If you are actually being dealt with, people will be quick because it is almost lunchtime - if, however, you are waiting to be seen you can just creep away and die if lunch is coming up.

5 Likes

“I’ll stay late to get it done today…”

2 Likes

Why on earth should they ‘stay on late’?

2 Likes

Because they have made a mess of it up to now.

1 Like

This is the best thread of all (amongst lots of other brilliant ones) here on SurviveFrance.

2 Likes