Things that make you go "aaargh"

Encouraging Jane, but a new brain might be more useful ;-)

Solution, varifocals!

Same problem, same lack of solution...

There must be a rule for this. I have two pairs of reading glasses and one for watching TV. The latter and one pair are for use in my office and the TV room upstairs (two different rooms), whilst one pair kept close to the telephone point down stairs. Those are the facts, so will someone please tell me how in heaven's name do all three congregate in my outside separate dependence Studio?

I'm sure they belong to some Union or other! That's what worries me about getting even more pairs!

Sadly, it does not work that way. It took me a couple of minutes to find mine by which time I forgot why I needed them. The same things happen, the contrast between the two extremes is VERRRRRRY annoying.

As I can't even remember now where I put my glasses down Brian, a bit of photgraphic memory would come in handy!

My mother said that I had been on this earth before, as I seemed to know what to do so well.

Ah yes, the rugby. I was 5' 8" and roughly a touch under 8 stone (48k I guess) hooker. Little man in the middle but also able to run like the wingers, duck and weave and score the occasional touch down. That was good stuff, the weight of these men now, the rules and so on make the scrum dysfunctional I stopped playing 30 years ago, so perhaps reminiscences do not hit the mark any longer.

Watch Italy everybody, they are developing their game and the laughter about them joining this competition is over.

Brian, much delayed reply so obviously this is about 500 miles off-topic and just for us, but I think my call wasn't bad for a birthday boy was it? In fact I got back without any panics to catch all three, and although they weren't great Rugby it was still (on my old hobby horse again) great to see Italy and Wales releasing the backs!

As an ex-forward myself, although not of the dimensions of the players of today, this was deemed part of our role. Nowadays the scrum, to me, just slows down and clogs up the game. Never used to be like that. Mind you we were never as fit or heavy as these guys either, or skilful if truth be known. Curious to think that now my old playing weight and size of 6'1", 16.5 stone (in old money) wouldn't get me close to the scrum!

As a sidepiece, I have a mate called Jones, Martyn Jones in his case, who being Welsh and mad, played rugby at Club level until he was 60!! He also is amazing in other ways, as he has a serious speech impediment which surprisingly (to me anyway) does not affect him at all when he sings.

He is a long-term member of the London Welsh Male Voice Choir, who sang at the opening of the game, plus a previous ten finals, plus the closing ceremony of the Olympics in London, and a whole host of international events. So a lot of experience.

He said he had never felt an atmosphere like that at the match against England, and doubted that England stood a chance against the wall of sound that pushed Wales on. Allowing for his obvious prejudice, and why not, it must have been an amazing afternoon - for Wales at least.

That must feel very strange Annie knowing things like that .

Maybe , slightly off on a tangent , child geniuses can tap into previous experience of their ancestors

I think I have had them too often to bother remembering them. I know about the gene link theory but none of my ancestors ever went to Peru to the best of my knowledge and yet I went to places for the first time and knew where I was before I arrived. I also rarely get lost. There is also precognition that sends signals to the brain that say that what we are seeing or hearing we have seen or heard before that works so fast we believe we were there. My good old psychotherapist was always telling me that my eideticism also carried other things with it, which if people have the so-called photographic memory I was gifted/cursed with is part of the package, then such things are to be expected. I have an entirely open mind on what it is, but at times I find it highly annoying or frustrating.

Ok now you will all write me off as a nutter but......I am sure we have memory from previous lives there is a fabulous Dr of psychiatry who has had documented SO many case studies it has really changed his ideas, he was completely sceptic, Me I had a similar experience to Norman but in Pujols in 47 not only did I know where eveything was I knew the names on the tombs in the church and the insides Of one house........ never been there before that day, BUT it is one of my favourite lpaces to be now as I feel a tremendous sense of peace there...........??????

I sometimes wonder whether we have inherited memory , you know the same as if we inherit features from our grandparents and parents . Then this inherited memory is supposed to be shut down in our brains but occasionally escapes for ' deja vu ' moments

Brian re telepathy, second sight whatever I only ever had one of these of any dimensions when I was married to my second wife, and we made a holiday trip to the Moselle valley.

I had never been to Germany in my life, but had an extraordinary experience when I said to my wife 'I know this road' - which I patently didn't, but then proceeded to tell her what was coming for the next ten minutes - street posters, buildings etc. Naturally she thought I was winding her up, but I wasn't. I must have been about 25 at the time.

We all have had the 'pre-cognition moments' but ten minutes?

One and only time in my life.

Nutshell, perhaps also as kick in the ....

Brian, something related to 'sex and travel' springs to mind?

Funny thing is Brian, Izzy said it was her....well it usually is, but on this occasion I suspect it was big sister...who didn't own up. Hmmm

Suz, do you have "Wasn't me" reactions before you even touch on the question about something broken, lost, etc? I have come to the belief that until early adulthood we are all telepathic...

first time I've treated myself to new eyeshadow in 2 years - bought a clinque chubby stick - looks like a crayon so very easy and quick to apply - perfect for mornings - went to apply it this morning and someone....I can guess who...has twisted it right up and then put the lid back on snapping off the end. Arrrggh kids!

Yes, 10 minutes (more than half in increasingly heavy hail) of my life I would rather not have given, should have told him where to go after him doing moan number one!