Things that make you go "aaargh"

For a deportation warrant perhaps, but no way we need clowns like that.

Maybe quite simply bad manners make me go AAAAArgh!

I so hate this!!! Learn some french and do it yourself!

I have had an afternoon aaaargh. An appointment with someone who wants me to do something for her was arranged for 3:30, then changed to 4 as she was late and at 3:30 she rang and said she would be there at4........ as you know I am hanging wallpaper and had 2 other appointments this afternoon................she will still be waiting I guess!

oh my goodness that's awful Brian - how rude of him. I can't believe someone would be so rude. My OH would, like Andrew, have sent him packing sooner. You gave him plenty more time than he clearly deserved. x

:-D

Blimey - that takes the cake.

Shame he didn't pull up outside our gaff. I am just in the mood :)

I'm guessing you didn't sign him up then?!

I second that, don`t need people like that to give us a bad name!!

I think the f***off would have slipped my lips even sooner, Brian. Please, please, please will all such ex-pat types stay in the UK or where ever they come from!!!

A new aaaargh!

I am at home with my daughters, it being Wednesday, no school and all that. About two thirty a car pulled up by our gate, got the dogs barking, and out they went. Beep, beep I hear. Thinking it was ERDF to read the power I went to the car. Man speaks to me in English, home counties and all that chaps. Firstly he moans about how hard it is to find our house. Then he asks if I can 'do something' with the dogs, lock them up. I asked why to which he responded he needed help. Not having got off to a good start I gave him the benefit of the doubt. So I asked "What?" He explained that he has just signed a compromis de vente yesterday. Then he explained where. He had come back without the agent to have another look at the house but the people there would not let him in. He also wants to know when they propose to move. Would I go with him to help him because his French is not good enough.

So, as I explained, I have two children and do not really want to go out. Just then a heck of a wind hit us with hail. I said that I had to go in, which figures, or...? He asked me either to jump in his car, let him in the house with me, follow him in my car or something. I repeated that I have two young children. Bring them with you, says he, but it meant using my car because he did not want 'kids messing up' a rental car. Thus far I had heard no 'please' or anything of that nature, just had moaning and demanding. So, I said "Tell you what, find somebody else." He let loose about me being unpatriotic, anti-social, blah, blah, blah. I told him to "F*** off" before I soaked myself and then let the dogs out of the gate.

What he was expecting was for me to just jump to, go to the most distant part of the commune 6km away, to negotiate rather than interpret, he did not listen when I started to explain that with the compromis de vente signed yesterday the people had no reason to consider it a done deal and all. As far as he was concerned the whole world did his bidding. I think I am generally a nice and very helpful person, but... Not as much as a hint of 'please', 'thank you' or any tolerance of my needs or responsibilities.

That is a real aaaaargh! Hope the deal falls through, we do not need basket cases like that locally.

;-D

delivery at 5h45 this morning, OH's dropped the kids off and turned up, I now have 50k of cigarettes and cigars to sort out :-O

Thought I'd have a coffee and a break before getting it all stowed in the store (and I go through this ritual twice a month!)

Back to work you! Have you no customers ;-)

I think we're all on the same wave length here ;-)

I stand outside school chatting. The English grandparents of my daughter's 'Welsh' (he was born and moved here from there) classmate occasional collect him. One day the grandmother asked how I do it? I found that strange and said that I learned French at school, have spoken it since, had a (kind of) French wife, now have a wife who is more or less bilingual in her own language and French, I live in France, etc. She asked how long we have lived here? I told her, then she said that they had been here permanently for 12 years and still could not manage complete sentences. Perhaps it was my age. We exchanged that information and I am two years older than either of them. That argument flew out of the window.

More recently, I was chatting with a Welsh mother (another class, and Cymru speaking at home at that) and a couple of other parents, but in French. Along came the grandparents, intervened in English and threw in why we were not ALL speaking English. I do not know if the French parents can and why should they anyway? We both made that point and went back to our conversation. I heard the grandparents saying how rude we both were as they walked away. Presumably they will never speak to either of us again, but who is rude? That is worthy of a big AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Just shout at her in the vernacular untill she gets it...............;;EVERYBODY speaks English!

We ahve the sameproblem, my OH is French, when English clients ring I will take the call and organise appointment and even go with Oh to translate, but clients come back saying3 bout he didnt understand", no he didnt he is French! This is his country he doesnt need to speak english, This is really one of the thingsds that make me go AAAAAAAAAAAARGH! the people who make NO effort to learn even a few words of the language of the country where they live, you dont have to be fluent but an effort to learn a bit.......It is polite to try!

I agree, Perhaps we become more confident and are able to correct such things without worrying, I know I try now to, politely, charmingly on a good day, jokingly, put forward what I would like and expect, it isnt often I become sarcastic!!!When I was younger I wouldnt have had the experience/confidence to face down someone, especially someone older than me........................

But having said that , how about when you arrive at the till in tte supermarket and the girl starts up a conversation with a colleague and totally ignores you? I so Hate that!!

I don’t think that letting people treat with you bad manners, taking for you granted and being totally thoughtless and selfish is acceptable at any time.
Younger people seem to put up with it, as we have seen standards of personal service falling.
It always has been a problem when the interface between client and company is the lowest paid!

Annie a good point, and is some instances true, but most of what drives me nuts - always did - and everywhere, not just France.

Having said that, I admit that I am far less tolerant of things as decrepitude reaches out for me - but I really feel I don't have enough time to waste on annoying nonsenses, and trying to ignore most of them doesn't help.

But I still remain the same, loveable, remarkably generous, good-humoured, warm-hearted, easy-going, wonderful human being I always was. Problem seems to be that only I know it!

But of course; everybody speaks English really, it is just that the world has not realised it. Give your OH a strong cup of tea! ;-)