Those pesky "Linky's"

Hi,
I see I never answered your questions… Sorry!
We already have solar, but we only charge our batteries and don’t supply anything back to the grid for now.
The reason we wanted three phase is that eventually we will have a workshop with large machines that require three phase power. We figured it would be better to have three phase installed in the beginning rather than later, not realizing the subscription would be 3x as much…

Fair enough, a perfectly good reason.

Just to be clear, you pay for the level of power required, regardless of whether the supply is mono or tri i.e. 12kVA mono is the same subscription as 12kVA tri.

Triphasé appears to be more expensive because you can subscribe to a larger supply than mono (up to 36kVA for tri, rather than 12kVA for mono), but it’s driven by demand, not the format.

https://particulier.edf.fr/content/dam/2-Actifs/Documents/Offres/Grille_prix_Tarif_Bleu.pdf

1 Like

Thanks Badger, I had assumed, incorrectly that 3 phase was more expensive although to my chagrin I hadnt checked.

Sorry, I mis-wrote. Yes, the price is the same. But if you need a minimum of 6kVA on one of the phases, for example, you must get an 18kVA subscription, which is much more expensive…

A 6kVA subscription only supplies you with a maximum of 2kVA per phase, which is not a lot!