I have been having a few thoughts concerning the upcoming exchange of our CdS.
Just a bit of background first. We have had our house in Normandy since 2004, and have been resident on a permanent basis for the last four and a half years. Our income consists of UK rental and my wife’s small UK Teachers pension. We then top up from savings as and when needed. Our situation could be classed as asset rich but income poor. We currently hold a 5 year CdS, Carte Vital,and four years worth of French tax returns. So i feel we have quite a good track record in France.
The timing of the exchange is quite interesting for us.
In January I will qualify for my UK state pension, thus increasing our income quite substantially
In April we will have been resident for 5 years.
My question is, would be best to apply for the exchange asap, or wait until after April when we would qualify under the 5 year qualification ? I believe you have until July to make the exchange.
I would welcome any thoughts you may have.
Thanks in anticipation