Tiger Mosquito - update

Makes me itch just reading the article… :wink: if the rain ever stops… I’m going to check the terraces for stagnant water… well, I do have a lot of old pots/saucers bundled in a corner and I don’t want to give these biting devils any sort of comfortable breeding ground…

Not in our department thankfully. We don’t seem to have any mosquitos at all, but I think that is because we have carp in our mare so they eat all the larvae.

1 Like

Glad you’ve not got any, yet… at least you can see what they look like… so that you can swiftly squash any that do come your way…:relaxed:

The problem seems to be that they are spreading throughout France… so, the little beggars will end up every where… :wink:

1 Like

Not in 56 I 'ope :roll_eyes:

1 Like

We can probably all take these simple precautions…

Il faut “enlever les soucoupes des pots de fleurs ou les remplir de sable, changer l’eau des vases plusieurs fois par semaine, vérifier le bon écoulement des gouttières, mettre à l’abri de la pluie ou supprimer les pneus usagés et tout autre objet pouvant se remplir d’eau, etc.”

1 Like

I think I have seen a few down here in 11 although they might be something similar. Whatever they are, they can expect to meet with a grizzly end if they get anywhere near me.

1 Like

I get bitten by everything, so I am vigilant about not having stagnant water near the house.

1 Like