Tip Jar is up and running!

Reminded me I haven’t tipped for a while, just done it - might keep you coffee for a week or 2 @james

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Mark!

Absolutely!
Just done the tip @james - please let me know if it’s not enough!

Thanks! Very generous!

1 Like

I don’t get the advert content displayed but the space is still eaten up unnecessarily. I’m on Android. Anyone else getting this?

Edit: ignore that, they’re still showing for me. Please let me know if my payment last night did not go through, @james.

Received! Thanks Gareth

1 Like

To avoid any confusion, ads will now show for all, albeit in a much less intrusive way. There is currently only one ad unit, much less than you will find generally on free resources. I may ad a second inline later, working on that.

If anyone was under the impession that ads would be supressed by donations (a reasonable assumption as we use to do this) please let me know and I will happliy refund you, no trouble. :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

Rejected my wise card, so done via paypal.

1 Like

No problem for me, but if they become irritable :rage:. I, and I imagine other patrons may get irritated by constant ads, I’ll use an ad blocker. This will not ATM, stop me contributing to the upkeep annually,(but could well do in the future) but I prefer not to install an ad blocker. If patrons of the site have to put up with all the advertising as others, then there’s no advantage & maybe you’ll have less patrons…? As others have mentioned they use ad blockers & have no ads…

How do I get the yellow star to appear on my avatar?

I’ve awarded it to you but you get to choose whether to show it in your prefs

What does it signify?

That you’ve donated some dosh!

My tip probably wasn’t enough to earn me a gold star then :cry::cry: (or i haven’t found it).

In your profile, under preferences, it’s labelled as “Flair”

Tap your avatar->account scroll down to title

Welcome to the club!

Nope doesn’t show for me :sob: No Flair option.

I will donate again later when I am less skint, this month and next quite challenging.

No, me neither🤔
Edit…it didn’t yesterday but just now a gold star has magically appeared. :slightly_smiling_face: