Titre/carte de Séjour

Hi Sandy thank you for that but gov site www.service-public.fr says the income applies to peoplewho have been here under 5 years over 5 years you are intitled to resendency

That’s correct. If you’ve been here 17 years I wouldn’t worry too much. Presumably you are in the french health system and have paid your taxes for all that time so plenty of evidence of your residency.

Hi Jane a few sleepless nights till I found that info.
I suppose main consern now is will our medical bills still be paid?

Well that no one can tell you! Fingers crossed…

Hi

Please can anyone help me with information about what type of CdS will be needed by UK spouses of EU nationals after Brexit? I hold dual UK/German citizenship but only had the German b it confirmed after my wife and I applied for European cards, which are now ready to collect. I have an email from the German Embassy which talks about the automatic right of residence which an EU spouse has, but I cannot find any reference to this situation on the CdS online application site. Is anyone else in the same situation? All help appreciated.
Thanks
Francis

If you have German citizenship you shouldn’t need a CdS to reside in France…

I think Franz is talking about his spouse😊

Hi Graham
Sorry, I should have made it clear that it’s my wife who is the UK national and who will need CdS after Brexit. (One benefit to come out of Brexit is that it encouraged me to claim my German citizenship, likewise our children - they now all hold German passports.)

Graham Lees

October 26

Fenman:
Please can anyone help me with information about what type of CdS will be needed by UK spouses of EU nationals after Brexit? I hold dual UK/German citizenship

If you have German citizenship you shouldn’t need a CdS to reside in France…

@Fenman Thanks for clearing that up.

Franz, why not let you wife have a go at the on-line CdS which the French Gov have made available.

We’ve been discussing this elsewhere on the forum and I’m sure you’ll find it (maybe already).

Other than that… look at the French Government site about applying for CdS in various guises, when one’s spouse in European… I’m sure it is one of the scenarios outlined…

@Fenman Franz, it depends on whether she would be invoking her rights:

• as the spouse of a German EU citizen (in which case current EU regulations as applicable in France will apply);
  • as a third country national married to a Brit entitled to a CdS (for example Article 3, III and IV of the Ordonnance n° 2019-76 du 6 février 2019);
  • or as her own right to reside dependent on duration of residency and sufficiency of means.

The route you go down will be dependent on the particular circumstances around your and your spouse’s personal circumstances. Is it better to apply for a CdS under the wings of your existing right to reside (be it as a Brit or a German), or as an independent application ?

Hi Alex
Thank you for your mail. The plan is thst my wife will be remaining here as the spouse of a German EU citizen. I remember something about that when first we applied for CdS at the Prefecture, but I couldn’t see how you applied for that status using the online form. (Someone please ask why we didn’t do this instead of applying for European CdS? The Prefecture wouldn’t accept my German citizenship document…)

There is a possibility that the online system designed for Brits might not be adapted for what she wants to do. I haven’t looked at it or played around with it yet, so can’t say.

Sounds to me, given that the Prefecture refused to recognise your DE citizenship status, that it might be better for her to apply as an independent applicant (even if she does so as a married person) via the online system rather than rely on her spousal relationship to you.

Hi Alex

I think the only reason I had proving my nationality was that they didn’t know what a
Staatsangehörigkeitsausweis was, as it’s not an identity document as such - they said they wouldn’t have a problem with a German passport. ( I really don’t know, round our way the Staatsangehörigkeitsausweis is all people talk about…!)
F

The Staatsangehörigkeitsausweis is just a certificat de nationalité, I don’t suppose they have seen one before. Get a Personalausweis or a Reisepass :grinning: it will make your administrative life easier.

Picking up on Sandy Hewlett’s list, I have seen somewhere that monthly income requirements can be/are reduced if the applicant owns their home outright, with no loan finance attached.

Has anyone experienced this?

It’s clearly stated in the guidance that the thresholds can be interpreted according to individual circumstances. So if you can show that your income allows you to live comfortably within your means, with provision for the unforeseen, and that your income is stable then most likely that should be accepted.

I don’t think you’d be aware of having experienced it even if you had. Your application is either accepted or refused, they don’t discuss it once you’ve provided everything. I imagine that discretion is used.

I found a table, an addendum to the income table on the RIFT website mentioned by Sandh H, with this heading.

Important : à propos des personnes ayant à leur disposition un logement à titre gratuit Les personnes ayant à leur disposition un logement à titre gratuit (propriétaire, personne logée gracieusement) ou bénéficiant d’une aide au logement se voient appliquer un forfait logement qui est ajouté à leurs ressources. Ce forfait varie selon la composition familiale. (Cf. articles R. 861-5 et R. 861-7 du code de la sécurité sociale) Nbre de personnes Propriétaire - occupant à titre gratuit Bénéfit

The ‘allowance’ notionally added to applicant’s income/deducted from required income is €67.17 p.m. for a single person 65+

The flexibility re Income is clearly mentioned on the French Gov sites… :relaxed: