To be a European

I mean some do hope…

What a principle :flushed::face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Not a fan then. :grinning:

One shouldn’t conflate geophysical and international or political proximities.

The UK is a small collection of islands off the coast of Continental Europe, conversely Ireland is even further physically from mainland Europe, yet is politically and philosophically a lot closer.-

1 Like

obs I’m a fan - of ecosse! - and la belle alliance

So is Kazakhstan apparently- how can that be, its got a border with China?

I suspect throwing all of Lidl’s Lipton tea into the Bay of Biscay might not have the same results…

2 Likes

I love that too David and have posted it one or two times before….

I love flash mobs and spontaneity and I also love playing for change….

1 Like

Geographically, it seems that the western part of Kazakhstan is part of Europe. It’s the Ural river that forms the boundary in Kazakhstan, as the Ural mountains stop just on the Kazhak border with Russia.

2 Likes

One hasn’t, as an Englishman I’m fully aware that it’s ‘us against the world’ and always will be. :wink:

1 Like

But so is Russia and Just under 5% of Turkey is in Europe !!!

I think you might need to read the rest of the comments. :wink:

Not a geographer then :blush:

Some of it is in Europe, some of it is in Asia.

European is not a nationality

It’s just the confusion between ‘Europe’ as a political entity and as a geographical entity. Mind you, the latter is confusing, isn’t it? There’s the Mediterranean and Black Sea to the south and the Urals to the east - fair enough - but then that weird bit down by the Caucasus.

Culturally, Russia (including the bits in Asia) I always find very European - much more so indeed than some places very clearly in Europe, like Pristina.

1 Like

Did read them but you forgot Azerbaijan is in EBU and broadcasts the European Song Concert :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

So is Israel…

And Australia.

Ah, yes - I now realise I’ve been confusing my geography (europe) with my politics (eu)

1 Like