To be a European

I was born British. I live in France. I am European. This is my Anthem. The lump in my throat is bigger than any petty nationality could bring.

16 Likes

And Brexiteers have turned their backs on it all because of the lies they have been fed. Tragic.

Even after Brexit the UK is still in Europe just not in the EU. :wink:

4 Likes

in Europe but not a part of it

6 Likes

I think that the UK, or at least England, is becoming less and less European in its values and increasingly similar to the US in so many respects, whether these be massive consumption of industrialised food, increased poverty and declining longevity, similar dominant broader social values, such as attempted gerrymandering of constituency boundaries and voter eligibility criteria. Perhaps the only significant difference between the two is the former’s continued advocacy of ‘our NHS’.

8 Likes

Hello! Nice to see you here!

3 Likes

Would be very very interesting to see what a vote would look like today - and can you imagine if the whole campaign was running now, now that everyone knows the deceit that Bozo peddles! What a complete farce the whole process was.

Unfortunately, that’s not going to happen.

We are where we are.

And I’m glad I’m in the EU.

2 Likes

Never say never :smiley:

Could you have ever imagined that the UK would leave the UK? Don’t think many did.

Always difficult to predict the future.

Love it, and proud to be a (fully paid up and voting) part of it :grin:

4 Likes

I think we’re ‘paid up’ but we can’t vote!

Taxation without representation was one of the causes of the American Revolution, but there probably aren’t enough UK immigrants (not ‘ex-pats’) to have a similar effect

2 Likes

Which bit (of the UK) is still in Europe? :slight_smile:

We are also all human beings, of the world?

The cabbies got it right!

Good to have you back @graham

7 Likes

Just look at any map and you’ll see that all of the UK is still in Europe. :grinning:

If you had asked ‘has the UK ever felt European?’ then I’d freely admit the answer would have been no.

1 Like

but doesn’t scotland very much feel european? - they bid for hosting the european bank (didn’t they)

is russia also in europe on the map or in asia?

I’ve always worked on the principle that ‘football has all the answers’, the Russian FA is affiliated to UEFA so obviously the country is in Europe. :grinning:

Ha ha touche (sorry no accents). Will EUFA be sanctioned? Will scotland win the calcutta cup - good show today - and finally achieve independence with a weegie patriotic surge (no). Scotland did almost win the football world cup when it only went 2-1 down on the [opening to} the 1998 series [against Brazil, so they were poised to rampage against all other subservient teams and emerge victorious). Still, some hope for the birth of a new star in the european flag constellation !