Top ten tips for a stress free French lifestyle

I understant what you mean… but the McDo/MacDo bit was in answer to anyone who might not be pleased to wait… for service… for the food to be cooked… whatever. In France, ideally, Dining should be leisurely… if that doesn’t suit, folk can go elsewhere…:hugs:

Always pleased to wait for good food. In Haworth there is a coffee shop called No. 10, the lovely lady owner takes your order and then grinds the particular beans which she brings for you to smell and approve before making the coffee. She also makes all organic cakes and scones. It is a leisurely treat worth every minute of waiting. She occasionally has to explain to some customers that it is not a quick café and there will be some waiting.

2 Likes

Only visited Haworth once on the way to Loch Lomond from Essex. Stopped to buy fish’n’chips, best ever. :+1:

2 Likes

As Mick Dundee said “it tastes like sh*t but ya can eat it”
Actually IIRC McDo in France is a much different recipe to what is shovelled in yer gob in the Yuk…
Same as for Knorr Minestone soup… the French recipe is much nicer :yum:

1 Like

Glad you can get some good coffee Simon.

1 Like

We have a group of French and British Ladies which meets every Monday for a chat and to read a bi-lingual book.
We explain the differences in our culture, usually we find that the Brit is the most pragmatic way and but it all depends upon how fed up they are with dealing with officialdom here in France.
Having said all that, thank goodness none of us have had to deal with Universal Credit, another abomination from IDS.

Another fiasco where the basic idea wasn’t actually that bad but the implementation was awful and showed utter lack of understanding as to how people on benefits have to manage their money.

2 Likes

Sounds like a fun group Jane I’ve never heard of a bilingual book, Howe does that work?

I agree. George Osborne raiding the purse set aside to fund the scheme (was this the bundle he found down the back of the sofa?) was it’s downfall and the reason IDS resigned the government.

One language on one page, another language on the facing page. This sort of thing, but you can get lots of different languages, this was what popped up first

The kids wanted to hear me read something in English… they chose a book from the pile… and it turned out to be in Welsh…

We all had some fun with that one… I was busy making up a story to go with the pictures… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks Vero, shows my lack of serious study that this has passed me by!!!