Tory party priorities

I’m glad to see that despite all the difficulties, time has been found to pass the important legislation, like banning the EU flag :joy: Meanwhile the Brexit omerta prevails in discussions on soaraway inflation and interest rates. Wow, what a scorcher.

Absolutely outrageous and petty. I wonder if there is another building next door or nearby where the EU flag could be flown. But I think the idea of the lights is a good one. :joy:

1 Like

I think it’s about time too! They are showing the taxpayer just what they are paying their taxes for.
Now they should be rushing through just as important legislation to get the Country back on track…
Banning to name a few…

• Walking on the cracks in the pavement
  • Waring a loud shirt in a built-up area
  • Loitering with the intent of using a pedestrian crossing
  • Urinating in a public convenience
4 Likes

There was a former BoE board member on Sky News yesterday, and all he could say pretty much say was how Brexit had caused catastrophic strangulation of supply lines and that the government should be focussing on that rather than nodding in agreement to the BoE raise in base interest rates - the news presenter seemed rather embarrassed at the number of times the Brexit word got said !

2 Likes

Utterly pathetic and just goes to show what a lot of jingoists the Brexiteers really are.
We should be concentrating on prosecuting Boris Johnson for his lies during the Brexit campaign as treason.

I’ve noticed a trend over the last few years of ministers, when challenged about the dire state of whatever element of society that were responsible for, joining in the criticism. As in “Minister the housing crisis is accelerating”, Minister responds “Yes, dreadful, isn’t”. As if it’s nothing to do with them. The alternative is to come out with "we have invested £XXM in whatever. No mention if £XXM is enough or going to have any impact at all. I

I thought these criminal acts were already enshrined in legislation, the rozzers seem to think so.

John as Matt handcoock explained when he was on the TV, you dont have to be a medical expert to be Health minister or a builder to be the housing minister. They have @advisors@. Its no good asking the Defence minister about war things if he was only in the Salvation Army.

1 Like

Only BloJo!! there are a few more that need prosecuting from all parties.

Just another media distraction probably started by government so people argue over it whilst the shite bag torries scheme other ways to enhance their personal wealth.

2 Likes

What about stopping, mid-urinate, to prove that you are taking back control. :rofl:

3 Likes

However it is increasingly the case that the Tories only listen to “advisors” who peddle the line they already want to hear and being “of the faithful” is more important than actual experience.

5 Likes

You forgot:

• Speaking with a foreign accent
  • Looking a bit foreign
4 Likes

Smelling of foreign food
having fuzzy hair and thick lips and having a dangerous wife
I’d also add chewing gum whilst walking up steps

1 Like

You are Constable Savage and I claim my 5€. Sorry - £5… :grin:

2 Likes

He’s lucky he hasn’t been thrown in jail.

… and when are our voting rights (been away 15+ years) being restored?

I’m told we can register in time for the election next year so I have signed up for my local government magazine to see if they tell me when the time comes.
Not holding my breath.

Then we can hold a petition for a re-run of the referendum .

I think I might run out of breath. :slightly_frowning_face:

What election next year? I understansd they could hold on until end Jan '25.

They can, but I believe current thinking is that the election will happen sooner than that, as the economy is likely to be in even worse shape by 2025…

2 Likes