Traducteur assermenté

Just found this translator http://www.traducteur-assermente-translator.com/ who charge 35 Euros to tranlste a birth cert as opposed to 60 Euros that I was quoted elsewhere!

Grrrrr…oh well, I’ve sent it off now and i don’t suppose there’d be any point in arguing!

It totally depends on which individual you are dealing with. James has just had his carte vitale updated and with a photo - no request for any translation. Equally the familles nombreuses card was only issued after a translation of the kids birth certificates. But not a certified one…although I have other friends who have been asked for certified ones…!!

We’ve been in France for 18 yrs, I had a Carte Vitale, went to update it and was told there was a problem, returned it to RSI who say because the new cards will have photos on them, I must send a sworn trans of my cert. Previous CV was covered by husband’s contributions but since setting up my own business, my own contributions cover me…

I’ve found in all my dealings with bureaucracy that most French agencies don’t require a translation of documents but the British do. I’ve had to have my kids birth certificates translated from French into English so they can get a passport!
Our local Traductrice charged 30€ per page but it did take about 2 months