Traducteur assermenté

(Wendy Wise) #1

Just found this translator http://www.traducteur-assermente-translator.com/ who charge 35 Euros to tranlste a birth cert as opposed to 60 Euros that I was quoted elsewhere!

(Wendy Wise) #2

Grrrrr…oh well, I’ve sent it off now and i don’t suppose there’d be any point in arguing!

(Catharine Higginson) #3

It totally depends on which individual you are dealing with. James has just had his carte vitale updated and with a photo - no request for any translation. Equally the familles nombreuses card was only issued after a translation of the kids birth certificates. But not a certified one…although I have other friends who have been asked for certified ones…!!

(Wendy Wise) #4

We’ve been in France for 18 yrs, I had a Carte Vitale, went to update it and was told there was a problem, returned it to RSI who say because the new cards will have photos on them, I must send a sworn trans of my cert. Previous CV was covered by husband’s contributions but since setting up my own business, my own contributions cover me…

(Jacqui Webster) #5

I’ve found in all my dealings with bureaucracy that most French agencies don’t require a translation of documents but the British do. I’ve had to have my kids birth certificates translated from French into English so they can get a passport!
Our local Traductrice charged 30€ per page but it did take about 2 months