Train tickets

What rotten luck you are having… so sorry.
let’s hope someone else can use 'em…

Try the new sell back facility for train tickets: they refound 80% when they find a new client for it.
You can propose your ticket from the ouigo site (the only one which can manage a ouigo ticket).

1 Like

now I think of it, I think the kelbillet site has had that facility for some time too

1 Like

Reselling ouigo tickets - which are nominative - is forbidden. The official site should be favored.

1 Like

I was unaware of the redemption option, thank you.
I had no intention of reselling the tickets, would have just been happy if somebody else could have used them.

5 Likes

Just bumping this thread to say I’ve been emailed by SNCF to say that the Carte Avantage is again at 50% off :slight_smile:

https://www.sncf-connect.com/app/catalogue/description/carte-avantage-adulte

You have up to 5 months from the date of purchase to activate it, so may still be useful if you’re not planning on using the train much immediately.

Edit: although the Carte Avantage Senior is the more interesting one to get if you’re 60 or over. Otherwise it seems you have to stay overnight for the discount to be applied.

2 Likes

I highly recommend the following site for information regarding train travel:

3 Likes

I think this only applies to TGV INOUI and intercity. My reading is that it doesn’t apply for TER journeys, but my interpretation may be wrong. What do you think ?
I’ll be taking a 2.5 hour return journey in December (more than one night) on TER and then TGV to Paris next year, so this is a no brainer. It would be good though if I could take advantage on day trips using the local TER (liO)
Edit: When I last looked at this a year ago, I’m sure that the TER in PACA was included in the deal, but now it isn’t :frowning:.

Ah, yes. Now I’ve read it again I think you’re right as it does only specify TGV InOui and Intercité transporteurs. Well spotted!

Like you, it seems my local TER (Nouvelle Aquitaine) isn’t participating :frowning:

There is a TER Aquitaine reduction card, worth getting, it gives you 50% on everyone ter in region if I remember correctly. I amortised mine in one journey I think. Also the tgv one is good but my one says I have to stay a Friday OR Saturday OR Sunday night.

Ahhh… is it this one?

Nothing like an ex-civil servant for providing information​:joy::grin:. Mark Smith is passionate about train travel.

I think so :slightly_smiling_face:

The webpage says

• 30% sur vos voyages en région Bretagne, Normandie, Pays de la Loire & Nouvelle-Aquitaine.

Also, I’m Occitane,which is also participating.

Ah. It’s only the senior card that operates in Occitane and Nouvelle-Aquitaine. Good luck for me as we’re both 60.