Training Grants

(Catharine Higginson) #1

Does anyone know anything about grants available for re-training?


(Wendy Wise) #2

I’ve just had a quick look and to get the DIF you needto have an employer, I get the impression that your guy wants to get the certificate in order to get a job or be a self employed demolition man…am I right?

(Catharine Higginson) #3

This is what its all about… Thanks!

(Wendy Wise) #4

I think you need to find a course that’s “éligible DIF”, droit individuelle à la formation which has to be provided by an approved training organization. What does Caces stand for - I’ll have search and see what I can find.

(Catharine Higginson) #5

Sounds like a great idea but I’m quite happy being a a journalist! I actually started this thread because I wanted to find out about James getting a qualification in demolition as someone wants to hire him on an on-going basis but the course is around 3-4k. Ouch…

(Catharine Higginson) #6

Yes I know Suzie - she’s a member here too and very good at what she does! C x

(Wendy Wise) #7

If you fancy doing the Sales and Marketing, click on A Support for your Biz on the subject menu on my website. It’s run by Suzie Llarcombe who writes for The French Paper, it’s done by distance learning which is ideal if you live in the sticks as I do.

(Catharine Higginson) #8

Thanks for that - good to know! Cx

(Wendy Wise) #9

If you’re looking for ideas, check out, several of my tutors offer vocational training eg train to make candles or soap as a business, learn to be a reiki practiioner, teach English as a second language, run your own sewing business. If you run your own business even as an autoentrepreneur you are entitled to a grant towards training, I’m currently undergoing Sales and Marketing training and have applied for a grant - I hope to get it all free!

(Roger Thomas) #10

To work over as an artisan you must be registered with the ‘chambre de metiers’ so I would have thought that would be a good place to check out training/requalification. The address would be available at your ‘Mairie’.

The above is info obtained at third hand and may be complete BS but it might stimulate someone who knows about this stuff!!!

(Catharine Higginson) #11

Digger driving, specifically demolition - the qualification is the Caces.
Actually it was for some one else but there are many things I would like to re-train as…!!!

(Roger Thomas) #12

Might get a better response if we knew what you wanted to retrain as?

(Catharine Higginson) #13

Thanks Roger - those look really helpful.

(Roger Thomas) #14

This is quite a recurring question on another Forum but the following links may be of use:-