Transatlantic Trade Agreement

Furious back-pedalling and writhing round the questions :

http://www.euractiv.com/sections/trade-society/commission-official-eu-not-going-change-its-food-legislation-because-ttip

I reckon they see it as a wizard way to privatise all these socialo-communist public services which obviously have no right to exist in these wonderful years of "liberal" neo-con domination. Fcuk em all, I'm Old Labour and I'd nationalise the lot with no compensation.

I was reading about UKIP MEPs voting for it in the EU Parliament when there was some kind of vote some months ago. They want out of the EU but are pro-TTIP? I get lost when I see things like that. Since the TTIP would be between the EU and its American equivalent, basically the USA and a couple of puppets in the North American Free Trade Agreement but would not be with single states, how on earth would the UK benefit? It would work to the absolute exclusion of the UK from European and North American commerce and banking. The idea is to compete with BRICS, China particularly, as trading nations, so are UKIP Bushido kamikaze politicians or what?

The TTIP is the slippery slope to us all being the de facto 'servants' of the wealthiest elite in the world, spearheaded by the USA. Irene is right about the media, but then most of them with any influence are owned by corporation that stand to gain so their silence is little surprise. I too have signed petitions and I think the avaaz one has gone into millions of signatories but the USA does not want to know and despite a vocal opposition in the EU, the majority of politicians at EU and national level have a lot to gain, in many cases personally, by the TTIP being signed. They are selling our bodies and souls for the enrichment of their bank accounts in the bluntest terms. It is frightening but I feel very impotent just thinking about it.

It was only made public following a leaked policy document. What is incredible is that the decision to set this up was made by the Council of Heads of State ; who ever gave a mandate for this to be done? This sort of thing does make you think you might have to wear a tinfoil hat... who sets the Hidden Agenda?