Travel through France from Spain to Holland

Hoping for dome information as its difficult to find a government link and especially as i do nig speak French .

I help rescue dogs mainly here in Spain from the kill stations or off the street . We have dogs waiting in paid kennels to travel and understood that boarders closed except for emergency travel ie getting home or commercial animals for food .

However i have just seen 2 posts from different transporters , one completed a trip to UK and another yesterday to Germany . Bearing geography in mind both would have had to drive through France to reach destinations ,.

So looking for official information advising if possible and what the conditions are for an attestation if possible .

I can not find anything here in Spain

So no one has any idea if borders open for transport and if can travel with attestation ??

I don’t. I’m sorry. Could you contact the transport company you mentioned?

Is this the sort of information you need.

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/actualites/A13988?xtor=EPR-100

France has cut down on all but essential travel. From a personal point of view that means that I haven’t been further than 5km from my home since the lockdown began. Entering France and travelling through France are two separate things and both are only allowed under very tight conditions.

2 Likes

This is the international attestation in English. In linked below. The only reasons allowed for coming in to France are the following, and I can’t see that your reason would be permitted unless you are a transport company

Nationals of the European Union and assimilated countries:

[ ] Persons who have their main residence in France, and their spouses and children;

Persons in transit through France to their residence, and their spouses and children;

[ ] Healthcare professionals for the purposes of combating COVID-19;

[ ] Transporters of goods, including sailors;

[ ] Crews and personnel operating passenger and cargo flights, or travelling as passengers to reach their departure base;

[ ] Personnel of diplomatic and consular missions, as well as international organizations headquartered or having an office in France, holding a special residence permit or a visa D “carte PROMAE”;

[ ] Cross-border workers at internal land borders.

[ ] French citizens, and their spouses and children.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/121949/979037/file/attestation-de-deplacement-international-vers-metropole.DOCX

2 Likes

Restrictions may be eased after 11 May. Check again then?
At present as said, only essential travel is permitted.
Unless my geography is wonky you would also have to travel through Belgium. That’s 6 border crossings you would be making and 4 countries, 3 of them very badly affected. Even if you can do it, are you sure it’s a good idea?

Thanks yes i have and awaiting reply .

Hi Jane . Sorry i did not make it clear , lol i do not even drive let alone transport .

I was asking because as far as i am aware , as you all seem to confirm its not possible . When we have dogs adopted they are sent with Defra registered transporters on the traces system .

We are being told by the usual transporters its not possible but as i stated i know of at least two official transporters that hs e gone to UK and Holland .

The one that went to the uk said they needed extra paperwork ( assuming attestations ) snd was stopped a number of times but paperwork in order .
The other that went to Holland in Thursday again seemed to have no problems . I was advised only animal transports were for ie food , sheep, pigs etc.

Perhaps they were allowed under transporters of goods.? I do not know . I have messaged them to ask …

Anna , not me personally , we would be using Defra registered transporters

It may well be that rehoming animals is not seen as essential goods, so the transporter could be reluctant to take them.

And don’t forget that if your itinerary is from Spain to Holland, you will also almost certainly also want to pass through Belgium…