Tree stumps

Anyone used copper to kill tree stumps, just knocked some copper pipes into one, as suggested on Utube, anyone tried it?

Copper nails should work for small tress shrubs etc, but copper pipes?, better still dig them up. But for large tree trunks, drill large holes into the top of the cut +/- 4-5" deep, the deeper the better & fill with a strong mix of glyphosate, plug the holes as not friendly for the environment & keep topping up till signs of no more or new growth die back.
Hopefully, someone on the forum has more environmentally ways of dealing with this. I think the Forestry Commission still deal with J Knot-weed in this way.

1 Like

When we had work done on our trees the guys brought along a stump grinder, magic.
Can you hire them?

1 Like

Yes, places like Kiloutou have them. I dig around the stump then chainsaw down as deep as I can and then cover over with soil and the stump rots away.

1 Like

The bits of pipe are about 13X40 mm Warren knocked in flush with the top of the stump, I have killed a much smaller tree, by drilling and filling with bleach. The tree/weed is not on our ‘patch’, so not bothered about grinding etc, it’s in our ‘farm coop’ neighbours land.
Yes, they are happy to see it go :wink: I cut it down, they disposed of the debris :+1: