Trusteer Endpoint Protection reminder - what is it?

Help / advice please:

I’m suddenly getting a pop up menu saying
“Trusteer Endpoint Protection supports Microsoft Edge” and asking me to enable it. I click dismiss, but every day or so it comes back.
Do I need to click ok and if so, why? If not, how can I get rid of it for good please?

Trusteer Endpoint Protection is an IBM security product. That doesn’t mean to say that what you’re seeing is not a virus masquerading as a trusted security product. If you haven’t installed this product (I think it’s free), or it hasn’t come pre-installed on your computer then I would be suspicious. This is an IBM web page that tells you how to disable browser support for this product. You may try this.
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/trusteer-rapport/1945?topic=troubleshooting-stopping-rapport-browser-protection

If you have antivirus, a full scan may also be appropriate.

3 Likes

I keep getting a popup saying ‘your Orange 2 email is not up to date’. When I click on it it simply says ‘no messages, Orange 2 not recognised’. :roll_eyes:

It’s only banking related and I had issues a while ago moving from one release of MacOs and Safari so I dumped it. I think IBM has lost interest in it so I wouldn’t bother installing it.

Don’t have that problem with Linux :wink: