UK blue badge to French blue badge

Hello :wave:
This is my first post. I’m sorry if I selected the wrong category.
I currently hold a blue badge valid until 2023. As I now live here is it possible to switch it for a French one? Or do they not have a comparable scheme. I live in 24 Dordogne if that makes a difference.

Thank you ever so much

Hello Amanda and welcome to the forum

would you mind if I correct your Registration page to show your First and Last Name as per our Terms and Conditions??

If you prefer to do it yourself… feel free, of course… :relaxed:

Incidentally, yes France does have the “disabled driver” scheme… and you will soon notice the “designated” parking clearing marked…in supermarket carparks and such like…

1 Like

Blue badges are an european wide scheme… (you know, the europe that a lot of UK residents thought was useless). Up until the end of the transition period it will be recognised in France.

Here

https://www.bluebadgecompany.co.uk/using-your-blue-badge-in-europe

Of course if you want to change it you can, just needs some paperwork. France has changed the name to carte mobilité inclusion and it is more than a parking issue, you get to go to the front of queues and so on.

Here

1 Like

Also from Blue Badge Company -

Blue Badge disabled parking permit EU Scheme

The Blue Badge parking scheme was first launched in 1970. It is an EU wide scheme and there is a reciprocal arrangement with all EU countries so that disabled drivers can use their permit to park when they travel abroad. In 1998, the EU Member States agreed to recognise Blue Badge parking permits of a common format issued in all EU countries.

There are about 12 million people with a disability in the UK, and about two and a half million people currently have a Blue Badge parking permit.

It is almost certain that the UK will not be part of the EU after Brexit. There has been no official documents published to disclose the information surrounding Blue Badge Permit holders after Brexit; however, it is very unlikely that Brexit would lead to the UK changing the format of their Blue Badge. Therefore, it should be continued to be recognised as normal across other EU countries in the same way as those issued in Switzerland and Norway

1 Like

I’ve just posted off my (French) blue badge application forms to my department’s MDPH office today.

You might find the attached forms useful: I think that they are the appropriate ones, but not 100% sure.
Should find out in around 4 months time.certificat-medical-specifique-carte-stationnement.pdf (58.7 KB) cerfa_15692-01.pdf (2.7 MB)

and possibly this one:
certificat-mEdical-obligatoire.pdf (443.7 KB)

2 Likes

Good evening
Thank you so much for your help. I hope everything goes well.
Many thanks
Amanda :blush:

Hello Stella
Yes please do whatever it is I should have done. I’m terribly sorry for being a technobiff.
Kind regards
Amanda

1 Like

Hello :wave:
Thank you so much for coming back to me so quickly. I really appreciate the info.
Kind regards

Amanda :blush:

I have my parents coming to stay from UK, my Father has a blue badge in UK, would I be able to use this in my French registered car whilst they are staying?

I don’t believe so. I think this was another aspect of life that was not negotiated. Whether it has now been resolved I’m not sure…

Uk gov’t guidance says “undecided”!

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ve already done a bit of searching online, but having just done my own the situation (surprise, surprise) seems to be a bit of a confusing mess. Unless the information I’ve read is out of date which is certainly possible it seems to be being done on a country by country basis and several countries, including France, no decision/ agreement is in place so it’s a big old ‘who knows?’ so for all intents and purposes, a no.

1 Like

Still undecided on 22 Feb this year…

On a practical basis, my brother has a UK blue badge and I’ve used it in my car (with him as a passenger) with never a problem.

2 Likes

It won’t be a problem, until you encounter someone who wants to make it one!

I suspect it will depend on where you might want to use it.

If in your local town… have a word at you Mairie and ask their advice…
If at a shopping centre… likewise, there should be someone “in charge” to ask the question…
At a monument etc… I’d contact their website and ask the question…

best of luck.

1 Like