UK cars - where to put your Crit'Air sticker

We havn’t got that here yet and had no idea about it.

It’s nationwide Shiba, but only applies to specific large conurbations.

They must have Jane, I haven’t been fined for driving in Paris or anywhere else. I’d say the scanners look at the whole screen. I’m not even sure how they would zoom in to a small part of it, but if they capture the whole screen the software could pick out the sticker easily.

But if mounted on the left hand side of the screen an ‘authorised officer’ would need to go into the roadway to inspect or read/scan the Crit’Air disc - the specified location is there for a reason i.e. be readable in a safe manner from the verge/footpath.

It appears that, currently, Lyon is the only area reading the disc by camera whichare mounted at the right hand side of the road. The location specified is significant in this respect.

1 Like

They would have to do that anyway if the vehicle was parked facing the other way

Which “as one looks at the vehicle” is the nearside. So mine are all conveniently placed for any authorised officer over three foot tall :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I personslly wouldn’t risk it. The numbers of times people fail to “see” a (eg,) parking permit as not in the right place

Ha ha… it’s clear from some of the posts… that we’ve all got our own ideas on this one…

Crit’Air say where they “want it”… and that’s fair comment…

but, so long as one does indeed have the correct Sticker on display (somewhere)… I reckon one could argue the “oh dear, I made a mistake with the placement…” … if push comes to shove.

Let’s hope so, anyway… none of us needs any more hassle in life…
According to the map… a great deal more of France will come under Crit’Air from 2025…

All part of me living life at the limit, in an (almost) septuagenarian style.

1 Like

Born to be mild, eh? :smile:

1 Like

Or like me, too fat to live, too young to die :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too much porridge, Porridge?

1 Like

Other than one way streets, is that permitted?

I’ve seen cars parked… facing this way and that… on the same side of the road. so long as it’s 2-way traffic or not particularly banned… I don’t think there’s a problem which way the car faces…

Surely with a huge range of windscreen heights automatic reading is unimpeded. Unfortunately ours is on the wrong side and I can’t order a replacement until I am back in the UK.
I still avoid major conurbations prefering to visit by train, and I cannot imagine ever driving in Paris!

Thanks, I was curious as I know some countries are quite hot on direction of parking but didn’t know the French rules. I’m in Paris so it’s almost impossible to park on any side, far less on the “other side”. :slight_smile:

It’s a bit like driving in Paris (in my experience)… not that easy…
Re parking… watch out for signs… ignore 'em at your peril… :wink:

I’ve been told that it is technically illegal to park the ‘wrong’ way on a street, but that is is pretty universally ignored. But you could theoretically get a ticket for it.

2 Likes

I’ve seen cameras in Toulouse as well at the side of the street on entry to the CritAir zone. They’re cylindrical vertical pillars that seem to be able to move as well, either automatically or under control. These however seem to have barriers associated with them, which seem to be always open :man_shrugging:.

Good grief… ask Google the question about Parking and it goes berserk… so many sites to choose from.

Hmmm… erring on the side of caution, I would say it’s best to park on the side of the road on which you are driving … ie facing forward and ready to rejoin the traffic… unless otherwise officially marked/signalled…