UK licences no longer valid?

@ kim How were you notified? Our applications are somewhere in Nantes, but we’ve not had a personal communication about this change. So were you notified personally or are you just referring to the general statement that is on line?

1 Like

I admin the Driving Licence group for France on Facebook, we have quite a lot of info on what is currently going on. Possibly a bit more than you already know.

1 Like

So you weren’t notified personally?

Lots of people have been and posted copies of their letters on the Facebook site Kim is an admin on.

2 Likes

That’s good to know, as suggests that mine may well still be being considered. It’s only a few weeks ago that they sent the email re heavy good categories so maybe I’ll have squeaked through.

Seems that any arriving in Nantes after Dec. last year are being returned but they seem to be still processing those sent before-I hope so as ours were sent in March last year!! Nothing since then apart from the avis. My licence card runs out in May-I thought 14 months was giving them enough time but…

Apparently we have done a last minute deal to remove the need for an IDP when driving in the EU, though a green card will be required.

Shapps was, of course celebrating this as a great victory - which is what Brexit has brought us to. Claiming the retention of something we had all along and did not need to give up as some sort of win.

1 Like