Unlimited lightning fast internet for anyone in France!

Thanks James - I currently use VoipDiscount, but have looked at switching to VoIPTalk as the Provider - Telephones are Siemens S675 IP. The latency of 750ms quoted by Tooway seems to satisfy Siemens as long as the Provider uses SIP protocols.

Roger, what voip equipment and which provider, are they worth looking into?

Roger, due to the inherent latency of satellite internet services there is a slight delay (around 700ms) on the call (also why gaming is hopeless over satellite). Whether or not this is practically usable or just annoying is hard to say without trying it, so I will buy some hardware and do that and get back to you.

It is a must! Very much in the same situation with moody internet connections this helped to rest ensure and keeping the work-flow going. And: its not tunneled!

The Tooway Direct Satellite Broadband is extremely attractive - anything to get away from Wanadoo/France Telecom. However, my main interest, in addition of course to the Internet, is using the satellite connection for VOIP telephone calling both incoming and outgoing. I have the telephones, I have a VOIP Provider, but can't quite get everyone to say 'go for it'. Anyone out there had any experience of VOIP via satellite?

It's €399.95 to buy the kit outright. You can then pay the €74.90 tariff like me and have a rolling contract, you can cancel whenever you like.

Either of the other options and you're renting the equipment (lower initial outlay, higher monthly tariff) plus you will sign a 24 month contract.

The middle option (Contract Euro Rental) will get you the equipment for €119 and cost 5 euros more per month on the tariff - €79.85 (24 month contract)

Hi Nigel

That's the price to rent the kit too. At the top of the tariffs there a drop down, if you change that to 'Buy' and to the right of the change currency to 'Euro', you'll see it drop to €74.90. You'll have to buy the equipment of course. I already did that last year when I signed up.

James

New tariffs have now been published, I have just upgraded to Tooway Max at €74.90 per month for unlimited usage!

See it all here under the tariffs tab.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do what I can to answer them for you.

Honestly Nigel I can't remember, just give them a call and ask, they are very helpful! Make sure you sign up via the website though!

Well then you're going to love it Nigel!

Understood, Nigel...... just had my 'business' hat on! -:)

Do you stream lots of video, watch tv online for example?

I endorse James' idea of running both systems concurrently until it all settles down. When you have your own online business, it is vital to have a constant and reliable connection, hence my complete frustration with Orange. When you factor in everything from that angle, the extra cost is well worth it. Quality and reliability wins everytime for me.

I download a lot of data Nigel, plus there are 4 other data hogs in the house!

Yes, just plug the ethernet cable back in to your broadband router and use that instead

I would keep your existing broadband until you've made the transition and everything is running smoothly Nigel. I still have my standard broadband connection, with the new unlimited package I'll probably get rid of it now.

Huge thanks.... gold star just awarded!

Should be any day now, you'll be the first to know!

Woh, Mr Higginson - I was just about to press the 'Go' button with Tooway .....will wait with baited breath for your next instalment....-:))

New packages coming very soon, I will keep you up to speed! (Including unlimited data!)