Update to CSS "complémentaire santé solidaire"

Further to a recent discussion on CSS, the Embassy have just confirmed on their FB page and updated the UK Gov France page. CSS is now officially reinstated.

:hospital: Struggling to pay for your mutuelle?.. - British Embassy Paris | Facebook

For those without a FB account here’s a screen shot of the post.

8 Likes

And thanks to those who negotiated this.

2 Likes

Hi @kim , seen you’re around today on another thread.

I was caught by this last year. I had my interview at CPAM for a re-application 2 weeks ago and was accepted for CSS on the spot.

My replacement carte vitale, which CPAM had also cancelled when they chucked me out of the French health servive due to the UK having said they felt a bit too busy to accept an application for my S1 renewal for France on time, was also re-applied for in the interview and reached me by post this week 12 days after the interview.

Thanks to you and those who negotiated for the decision and thanks to SF members who posted the news of this in April.

Now if I could just find a dentist…

5 Likes

Brilliant news on the CSS for you, well done @KarenLot

1 Like

Don’t forget youhave to renew it every year either online or print off the forms and send to your local CPAM. I always do mine about four months before the expiry date and send LRAR.

1 Like

A quick question for you all in regards to CSS - I have managed to assist some friends to apply and successfully get CSS. They are due to benefit from it starting 1st September. My question is, do they need to cancel their existing mutual or will it be automatically cancelled as part of them joining the CSS scheme ?
One for @fabien i suspect :grinning:

I would do so anyway! Belt and braces.

1 Like

The CSS will send a letter to the top-up health insurance company to inform them of the situation and it should be automatic as they will “take over”. It doesn’t hurt to send a copy of the “lettre d’acceptation CSS” to the insurance company just in case :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you @JaneJones and @fabien for your reply. :hugs:

1 Like

Update to latest rates to qualify for CSS

Les plafonds de ressources pour l’attribution de la complémentaire santé solidaire ont été relevés le 1er avril 2024.

Tableau - Plafonds de ressources pour pouvoir bénéficier de la complémentaire santé solidaire en métropole|Nombre de personnes composant le foyer|Plafond annuel de ressources pour bénéficier de la C2S sans participation financière de votre part|Plafond annuel de ressources pour bénéficier de la C2S avec une participation financière de votre part|
| — | — | — |
|1 personne|10 166 €|13 724 €|
|2 personnes|15 249 €|20 586 €|
|3 personnes|18 298 €|24 703 €|
|4 personnes|21 348 €|28 820 €|
|Au-delà de 4 personnes|21 348 €, + 4 066 € pour chaque membre supplémentaire du foyer au-delà de 4 personnes|28 820 €, + 5 490 € pour chaque membre supplémentaire du foyer au-delà de 4 personnes|

2 Likes