User trial re voting in UK

I tried to take part this morning but failed at the first hurdle. A panel asked me for my username and password. I invented both and then it asked again, so I moved on without doing so and then was told that I couldn’t advance to the survey.

I’m not really bothered as long as it doesn’t affect my registration to vote, and a tenner is neither here nor there if it is coming via an organisation that I have for many years had nothing to do with and keeps telling me that I will lose the privelege time after time after time. :roll_eyes:

What is it that they want as a Username and Password?

It is sent to you in an email if you have been chosen to take part.

I did the deed yesterday evening.

It was very straight forward, but then I’ve used the current live (not Beta) version many times over the years.

At no point was I required to upload any document. I guess that’s due to the fact that the system already knows me, & the UK address used is the same that has been on the register since 1988.

I did have to provide my passport & NI numbers, but that’s easy.

My only grumble is that the post-trial survey took far longer than the trial itself :roll_eyes:

I must not have been cjosen then. :slightly_frowning_face:
Strange that they should keep sending me emails about it though. :thinking:

That happened to me first time round, and no sign of passwords etc. However I am stubborn so applied again and got new email but this time with a user name and passcode on the bottom…

By ‘applied again’ do you mean that you went back to the email and clicked on …oh I see it now, the password at the bottom, but where did you get your username from?

same mail!

trial

Please do. It will make me happy.

Oh I see it all now, I got ad far as the link and clicked. :blush:

I’ll try again later, got multiple messages coming in at the moment. :roll_eyes:

So you are a chosen one, I had no doubt :clap::clap::clap:

I think the law changed on this after 2019. Before, I’m sure it was possible to vote wherever you liked, but most people either didn’t know that or just stuck with thier old constituency.

Job done. The only thing that perplexed me was that it refused to accept my date of departure from the UK, just the year apparently.

Don’t forget to do the survey too.

I’ve consistently registered to vote from abroad for nearly 20 years & there has never been an option to switch your constituency in that time.

There probably wasn’t an option to do that, but it wasn’t illegal. I looked this up a few years ago as the question did come up on this site. I discovered a bill on the parliament website that had a clause that said a non U.K. resident had to register to vote at thier last U.K. constituency. If it wasn’t possible before that, then it wouldn’t have been there.

Edit: When I registered to vote having moved to France in 2018, I just looked at my ex local council website and they had a process to register through them. I presume I could have contacted any council and done the same. How did you register ?

Yep, did it all John, no problem at all, the only things I had to get out of my chair for were my passport (2 metres away) and NI number (in the next room).

The only thing they could have made clearer, and for which I had to go back and change twice, was when I arrived in France permanently. They didn’t want the date just the year. Soon sorted, and I mentioned that lack of clarity in commenting when asked.

My £10 arrived today. Makes up for not getting the UK government’s £10 winter bonus for pensioners…

I too have just been paid by Michael Gove. 11,03€ in my case.

Me too, less 0,81€ fee :roll_eyes:

Many thanks @JaneJones for the heads up.
£10 arrived in my pay-pal account.