Using Revolut App

:+1: Definately linked to Brexit I think but maybe local staff not up to speed. I am going to contact the pension people and see if the third party making their international payments use sepa or can pay in euros, as the extra bank charge says it is for an international payment transfer implying it isn’t a sepa payment from what i can gather.
I am on a steep learning curve here :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the info. Useful to know. I don’t yet get my state pension. I can use my small work pension to have money for UK visits maybe and if the fees are small to transfer money then it is what it is. Certainly better than my current situation.

You are able to use your Revolut card in UK without charges, it is just for bank payments.

2 Likes

I sent £200 to my DIL and the fee was £0.60.
Note also that there is a %age charge for weekend currency transfers with the basic account so conduct any transfers during the week M-F. There is no fee for loading funds on your Revolut a/c at any time.

1 Like

I’ve had my Revolut card/account for a few months now. It’s used for exchange from my UK bank into euros and then used in place of my CA account in France which isn’t very useful for online stuff as the 2FA doesn’t work as no mobile signal. It’s never used for massive (more than 3 figures) sums of money.

All well and good so far, but I keep getting messages to join Revolut Bank. What’s that all about?

The account already gives me an LT IBAN number so I guess I’ve already got a bank account (that will need declaring next tax return). What I don’t want to do is overcomplicate things.

I think there are two Lithuanian entities, a bank and an electronic money institute. Initially only Lithuanian residents could join Revolut bank, kinda as beta testers, everyone else in Europe was on the Lithuanian EMI. None of this I know for a fact so don’t take it as one, but when I got that prompt I just assumed that they were happy with the ‘bank’ side and so we’re opening it up to more customers, but because we opted in to an EMI not a bank we had to agree, they couldn’t just move us over automatically. Back in the day Monzo did something similar, when they got their banking license customers actually had to apply for a full current account, even if they already had the prepay card/account, they didn’t/couldn’t just move people across.

I hit ‘agree’ on the Revolut prompt and nothing has changed as far as I can see. I guess I’m now covered by the EU’s banking compensation scheme as I’m now part of a bank, but as I say this is all guesswork so don’t take it as gospel!

Hi, after seeing good recommendations on SF re revolut I downloaded and registered in the UK and had a go. It is good - it will save me approx £36 / year in exchange fees on 1K change / month. On the free plan charges 0.5% after 1K so after that use wise (0.35 ish or starling 0.4).

There is a feature where you can set the rate you want and it then does the exchange when the exchange rate hits that so helpful when looking to pounce on the best rate in any month. If you are so inclined… perhaps an addition to wordle in the game portfolio?

More news from Revolut