Utlimate macmillan coffee morning

THE ULTIMATE MACMILLAN COFFEE MORNING…
LADIES PLEASE GET BUSY BAKING CAKES & SAVOURIES AND SUPPORT OUR COFFEE MORNING

EVERY CAKE AND EVERY CUPP MEANS THAT MIACMILLAN ARE ABLE TO HELP MORE PEOPLE WITH CANCER LIVE LIFE AS FULLY AS THEY CAN.

PLEASE HELP US TO RAISE LOADS OF MONEY for this great cause.

CALL WENDY FINLAY (ADMIN0 0665556243 R or PM
LARAINE BASHFORD 0556616856 or PM (HOSTING)

SATURDAY 21st SEPTEMBER, , The Cabri Resort…Route ot Savignac,Duras 47120
Time … 11.00.a.m.

66% of all donations to the French League against Cancer can be reclaimed from your tax.

https://don.ligue-cancer.net/b/mon-don?gclid=CjwKCAjwq4fsBRBnEiwANTahcDrX2uZF-QCCQkZXlZgBFRt7344yav-AiaNdBqjBN9t9KoE-QJKruhoC5s0QAvD_BwE

Thank you Jane, but we send the money from the Coffee mornng to the UK Macmllan as I have always done in the past. Thank yu anyway, Will you be baking a cake or donating for the Raffle, or making a cash donation which can be done on Facebook with FUNDRASIERS.??

Hi Wendy Finlay, I would just like to thank you for your help and assistance in running the ULTIMATE MACKMILLAN COFFEE MORNING on the 21st Sept.which I was hosting… It was very kind of you, and I would also like to thank the 10 people who also kindly supported the Coffee Morning. Thank you so much. Since then I have been thinking what I could say in a post, how very disappointed I was at the support given for the Coffee Morning being as it is so important for Cancer Research and so well know, There are so many of you that have either lost loved ones, friends, family and people they know who have been effected with Cancer, and I would have expected much more support from all the ex-pats living in and around the departments 33.24.47. I know that some of you went to the UK so they could not attend, and some were more interested in the start of the Rugby, that is fine, but with 80% of ex-pats in these depts, I just could not believe how this event was taken so lightly. We even had live music from Jacqueline and Alan who kindly donated their time throughout the morning. It was so sad to know that so many ex-pats could not spare perhaps 1 hour of their time to support such a great cause either to bake an odd cake, donate for a raffle or pop around just for a cup of coffee. I would also like to thank Steve at the Cabri Resort for his support too. I will not comment any further at this point only to leave thoughts in all of your minds. Donation direct to Macmillan on Facebook …Fundraisers or Events would be great Thank you.

You aren’t expats, you are immigrants :grinning:
80% of what exactly?

1 Like

The event seemed to be presented as very much for those who consider themselves ex-pats. So not surprising that those who view themselves as immigrants, and local french people, didn’t bother to attend. Far better to do joint events with a French equivalent organisation and present it as an inclusive event.

1 Like