Vaccination Delays Charente

I think that there will be more delays as AstraZeneca has just said that there will be delays in delivery, so that will make our group 65-74 even later.

But the 65-75’s are not in the queue for the Astra Zeneca…?

No, of course they are not, but the age group that has displaced us is supposed to be given the AstraZeneca vaccine and if there is a delay with it, it will make the whole shebang later.

1 Like

Yes, got excited the other day when there were vaccine rendezvous available locally, but as soon as I entered my age (over 65) the site said No, not permitted for older people. I wonder, what are we to do? We’re both eligible now for the Pfizer vaccine, but there are no appointments available, so perhaps we just linger here until we die of boredom, if nothing else. Of course, de Macron knows better than the WHO and the EHA, doesn’t he?

1 Like

In heavens name. whatever gave you that impression?

He did!

1 Like

Some areas of Doctolib have two boxes. Left side over 60 right side over 65 my neighbour got an appointment after ticking over 65 for mid March and he is 73. The whole system in France is a disgrace. Spent too much time on trying to make their own and rubbishing the AZ vaccine. Yet the French as usual shrug and say nothing will be done.

2 Likes

all this bitching about France is pissing me off…
another thread muted :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I feel a bit guilty .Managed today to get a rdv for my OH ( he’s 67 but his GP says he high risk due to being treated for cancer and on strong immunotherapy tablets.) Got a rdv at CHU Limoges - but we live in the Dordogne - although probably nearly as close to Limoges as Perigueux. Just on the site at the right time.

3 Likes

Don’t feel guilty - he has the right to a vaccine and is completely eligible. Not as if he’s a 45 year old dressing up in grandad’s clothes to fool the system.

1 Like

Nah, Graham, I love France deeply, but I’m not blind to her faults. And really, this time (abetted by the EU’s determination to act ensemble) they have messed up, the vaccination programme is pretty shambolic and poorly organised - a shock for those of us who think the French health service is simply superb. There seems to be some moves to improve the vax system, so hopefully things will revert to an even keel fairly soon.

If you have a valid complaint it is not bitching.
Our French friends are not enamoured of the way that the vaccine is being handled, so why should you pissed off?

1 Like

I agree with that, I have defended Macron and France throughout this pandemic but they have really cocked up this time and, whether true or not, the impression given is distinctly of some sort of anti-UK stance, following on from EM’s threats about fishing.

For 2 or 3 weeks now I have trawled every centre in 3 departments and met the same blank wall at every one. I tried one in a 4th department, Creuse, the other day and was offered one which I immediately took up. What followed was several pages of stuff that they could have easily got from my SS number and by the time I got to the end they had given the slot away.

To add insult to injury we visited our doctor today for our 3 monthly medication prescriptions and on the door was a notice inviting applications for AZ vaccs but, you’ve guessed it, only for the 50 to 65 year olds.

Have faith! France has 100million vaccines on order so you will get one when stocks flow more smoothly.

2 Likes

Thank you Jane, I’ll keep on trawling the centres. :laughing:

It beggars belief that the AstraZeneca vaccine is being treated in this way.
Politicians should be held responsible for any deaths that follow from not rolling out the vaccine to those who would willingly take it.

Totally agree, it is a scandal. For the second time last night I was offered a choice of rdvs at one of the Limoges centres for one day in March. Once I had accepted and commenced to answer all the questions there was a pop up confirming it and also a second rdv in April for the final jab.

I continued with everything they asked but when it came to the final hurdle it said no more rdvs available, choose another centre of preference.

A half hearted check with my nearest centre produced the same old same old ‘due to strong…etc’. brush off with all the numbers they are doing in the next 28 days.

Meanwhile down the road at the surgery healthy people 28 years younger than me are benefitting from the AZ. Shameful.

1 Like

Some GPs seem to be happy to offer their AZ vaccine to people in need regardless of age. Worth asking perhaps if you are happy to take the AZvaccine?

I didn’t think to mention it when we were there on Wednesday, the notice on the door said plainly ‘only 50 to 65 year olds’, and I didn’t want to get into an arguement with the new doctor.

Our previous doctor has retired, nothing sent out to say so and the fact that his no appointment regime no longer applies. The new one, a young woman, agreed to see us as it was obvious that we had no way of knowing.

I have always found Doctolib to be very prompt in adding new appointments when available. I know others are using sante.fr link listed by others here too.

Good luck to anyone still needing a vaccine, I hope you find one soon.

If anyone has alerted a doctor’s surgery or other location and they are on a “list”, personally I’d still politely phone every 2-3 weeks- as regular personnel may be taking breaks at this time of year