Vaccination

Anyone had any success yet in booking a RDV in over 60 category? Trying several times every day.
All within reasonable travel distance still saying over 70 only or with Dr prescription apart from 2 centres which state open to over 60’s, however after choosing dates and clicking through all the check boxes it states cannot be booked! Appreciate any info on how to get RDV as centres that had dates available now have nothing so obviously bookings being taken. Would have thought all over 70’s are done by now.

Yes I’ve booked Sue. The nearest centre still says over 70s etc, but the second-nearest to us (20 minutes drive) is booking over 60s - so it seems some are but some still aren’t.

Thanks for the info Geof. Will try those further afield and hopefully will find one booking over 60’s

Just spoken to my GP and she says that we should be able to book at all the centres from tomorrow, which is the official release date for over 60s. She also told me to go to one of the centres because althought they (the GPs) could vaccinate with AstroZeneca, they had hardly any doses :smiley:

1 Like

The Local has said that vaccination is now available to all people over 55 at Vaccination Centres, MT’s and pharmacies.
Having said that our local paper has reported that the Vaccination Centre in Cluny only vaccinated 80 people yesterday.
Hardly the increased roll out we are being promised.

I thought I’d share (without putting forward my own opinion) a conversation I had with my daughter yesterday (just home for the hols from the École nationale supérieure de chimie - ie. an elite uni where our future top chemists go).

Out of her group of close friends there, about half are intending not to get covid vaccinated. Just to be clear, they are not particularly worried about the blood-clot issue (they are too young to get the AZ vaccine anyway), nor are they anti-vaxers in general - but they do fear long-term problems (obviously more important for young people) that will not have been revealed in the shortened testing procedures and emergency licensing of the covid vaccines.

3 Likes

If they are at the elite Ecole, they should have enough gumption to recognise that the testing procedures have not been shortened rather that the time lags between research and testing have been much shortened.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to enlighten your daughter who could inform her cohorts and we would all be much safer.

5 Likes

At 54 your GP probably can’t do you, they likely only have the AZ vaccine, but you should be able to book into one of the large vaccination centres via Doctolib and get the Moderna/Pfizer jab with your letter.

My GP is willing to do me a letter (I’m 42 but taking immunosuppressants) but she cannot give anyone under 55 the actual jab.

Waiting game over - received 1st AZ dose today from local pharmacy.

3 Likes

Very glad to hear that Dave! Well done… phew…

My colleagues and I will be vaccinated in May with the Pfizer or Moderna, don’t know exactly when.

2 Likes

Buralistes are in the front line like caissières etc. but nothing planned for us :frowning: However, now I’ve turned 55 I qualify but only for the AZ vaccine en pharmacie. Getting first jab tomorrow, an hour’s drive but as my mum celebrates her 80th this summer and I think being vaccinated will be the only way of getting over to see her so I better get a move on given the delay between the two shots (12 weeks takes me to the week before her birthday :-O) !

Ah, you’re having the twelve week wait for the AZ vaccine too. We thought we were one of the few.

1 Like

No I understand it’s for everybody, just spoken to an infirmière that I know who had AZ in February and is now having Pfizer for the second jab as that’s what they’re using were she’s vaccinating. She’s not too happy about being used as a guinea pig for mixing vaccines!

Just had my first Pfizer jab Andrew, great system in place at the Halle d’Expo. About six jabbers working flat out. Well done the French for getting an efficient system sorted. My second jab is for the 3rd June.

4 Likes

If I were a little older I could have singed up for Pfizer or Moderna in Castres or Rodez same or next day - they’re really cracking on now, as you say, Peter, Albi and Carmaux are showing fully booked at the moment. Far less choice for me/the 55-60 age group as not many pharmacies have availabilty at the moment round us - I’m driving down to Lacrouzette tomorrow for mind, couldn’t go much further in the Tarn to get vaccinated!

Lucky sod,the Sidobre is brilliant.

We often go there for picnics, gets quite nippy down there though.

1 Like

As someone here said yesterday I think it’s nuts to reduce the lockdown on May 3. It’s followed by rest of the Public Holidays in May. With no vaccination solution for young people who mix in education allowing travel throughout France on those holidays is just going to carry infection round the place again.

I love the Ponts de Mai and am annoyed by curfew also applying outside of large town/cities (though I understand why) but think it’s just too early.

1 Like

I’m also in the 55-59 age group. I’m in Aude, and there seem to be no Astra Zenica vaccine shots available at all in Aude. My MT says he has none and doesn’t know when he will get any. None of the vaccination centres offer the Astra Zenica vaccine. It appears as if there are no pharamacies in the whole of Aude that do the vaccine - at least I haven’t been able to find one. Today, I managed to book an Astra Zenica appointment in Castres for this Saturday. There were loads of appointments for Friday and Saturday. The vaccination centre in approximately 100m inside the 30Km out of department limit. I was suprised at the long wait between 1st and 2nd shots.

1 Like

Yesterday the vaccination centre in Castres was only showing moderna, not astrazeneca, so you had to have comorbidité to apply. Just looked and yes, Ray, now they’ve got all three so I could have gone there but lacrouzette is about the same distance and a nice drive up onto the sidobre so after a busy morning in the shop I’ll enjoy the break! :smiley:
The situation changes daily but it’s daft both of us having to travel to be vaccinated!